7-Eleven Expands Mobile Checkout Feature to Thousands of US Stores
Quick and Convenient Checkout Technology Now Available in 3,000 Locations and Customers Earn 10x the 7Rewards Points on Each Purchase
IRVING, Texas, July 13, 2021 // PRNewswire // - Check this out. No, really. 7-Eleven, Inc. has expanded its new Mobile Checkout contactless shopping solution to an additional 2,500+ stores across the U.S. Using the 7-Eleven app, customers can quickly scan items and pay for purchases without ever standing in a checkout line. Mobile Checkout is now available in more than 3,000 participating 7-Eleven stores in 32 states including Washington, D.C.
The frictionless shopping experience is a benefit of 7-Eleven's award-winning 7Rewards® loyalty program where members (rather, more than 50 million of them) can earn and redeem points on product purchases and receive coupons and promotional pricing. As an incentive to try Mobile Checkout, for a limited time, 7-Eleven is offering 10x the rewards points for every purchase made using the new feature in the app.
"After over a year of living through the pandemic, Americans have a new perception of what convenience looks like. For many, it's a contactless shopping experience without waiting in line," says 7-Eleven Digital Senior Vice President Raghu Mahadevan. "Luckily, we were already testing Mobile Checkout and had begun expanding 7NOW home delivery to hundreds of markets before lockdowns occurred. Now, we are accelerating the expansion of Mobile Checkout to ensure customers can shop at 7-Eleven the way they want to shop: safe and convenient. It's what people expect from the world's leading convenience store — we plan to exceed those expectations and take the in-store shopping experience to the next level."
Using Mobile Checkout on the 7-Eleven app is simple:
- Download the 7-Eleven mobile app from the App Store or Google Play or update your app to the latest version to ensure it has the Mobile Checkout capability.
- Register for or log into the 7Rewards loyalty program.
- Open the app in a participating store and tap the "Mobile Checkout" icon on the home page.
- Scan the barcode on each product to add it to your basket. Discounts or promotions will be applied automatically.
- Pay for purchases in the app using Apple Pay, Google Pay or a debit or credit card. Customers can also pay with the 7-Eleven Wallet feature of the app.
- Confirm purchase by scanning the on-screen QR code at the confirmation station before you exit the store or show it to a sales associate to confirm payment for the purchase.
7-Eleven was the first convenience store chain to develop proprietary technology for a full frictionless shopping experience from start to finish. Mobile Checkout works on both Android and iOS devices and is available for most 7-Eleven merchandise that has a bar code. Some items still require cashier assistance, such as financial services and age-verified products (alcohol, tobacco and lottery tickets). The company plans to expand Mobile Checkout to all US stores by the end of 2022.
Mobile Checkout is available at participating stores in major U.S. markets including New York City, Boston, Baltimore, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Chicago, Orlando, Miami, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland and Seattle.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances