Shipley Do-Nuts Marks Milestones, Including New Austin Developments
HOUSTON, Nov. 3, 2021 // PRNewswire // - Fresh off its 85th birthday, Shipley Do-Nuts, a do-nut shop franchisor and manufacturer of specialty food products, is reaching key milestones that will continue driving momentum.
Shipley, which makes artisan-crafted, in-house fresh do-nuts daily, recently inked a deal to open 15 new locations in and around Austin, Texas. The agreement is with G&S Do-Nuts, a partnership between David Howell, Patrick "Wheels" Smith and Richard Howell. David Howell was formerly chief financial officer of G&S Group, a holding company for Hat Creek Burger Company and 1788 Chicken. Richard Howell is a former board member of Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and current G&S Group partner. Smith is an attorney and G&S Group partner.
David Howell said the first new Austin Shipley is slated to open in the fourth quarter of 2022. The agreement with G&S Group will more than double Shipley's footprint in the burgeoning Austin area.
"Whether guests are bringing Shipley to a sporting event or a church gathering, we are confident the world's greatest do-nuts will reunite the community after spending so much time apart," Howell said. "We are certain with the addition of 15 locations in the Austin area, Austinites will have no shortage of opportunities to gather with Shipley Do-Nuts."
Other recent developments include:
- Signing two new franchise agreements to open 20 new locations in West Texas and Tampa, Florida.
- Opening new locations in Victoria, Texas; Baton Rouge, Louisiana; and five in the Houston market. New numbers show the Victoria location broke Shipley's all-time new store sales record.
- Naming Donna Josephson its first-ever chief marketing officer. Josephson, who has held CMO titles at Corner Bakery, Fazoli's and McAlister's Deli.
- Bringing on Kerry Leo as vice president of technology. Leo has more than a decade of technology and operational leadership experience and joins Shipley from Church's Chicken/Texas Chicken.
- Celebrating its 85th birthday on Sept. 18 and breaking ground on its new headquarters on Oct. 28.
SOURCE Shipley Do-Nuts
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances