Hyatt Place Kathmandu Celebrates Official Opening
153-room Hyatt Place hotel opens in the heart of Kathmandu
November 15, 2021 // Franchising.com // CHICAGO - Hyatt Place Kathmandu, the second Hyatt-branded hotel in Nepal, is officially open, expanding the Hyatt Place brand’s footprint globally in markets that matter most to guests and World of Hyatt members. The new hotel features the Hyatt Place brand’s intuitive design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as Free Wi-Fi Everywhere and 24-hour food offerings. Ownership of the hotel includes Akshay Golyan, Executive Director and Shakti Golyan, Chairman of City Hotel Ltd.
Because Hyatt’s efforts are grounded in listening and fueled by care, Hyatt Place hotels combine style, innovation and 24/7 conveniences to create an easy to navigate experience for today’s multitasking traveler. Hyatt Place Kathmandu is located in the lively city of Kathmandu, set in a valley surrounded by the beautifully scenic Himalayan mountains. Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal, is steeped in rich history, long associated with ancient traditions and a vibrant culture. The hotel is only a short two-and-a-half-mile (four-kilometer) journey from the bustling city center and its attractions, which include many World Heritage sites like the remarkable ancient temple, Swayambhunath Stupa, and the sacred Hindu temple in Pashupatinath. For those looking for some retail therapy, the hotel is close to several popular shopping centers including New Road, Thamel and Durbar Marg.
“As Kathmandu continues to be a sought-after spot for both business and leisure travelers, we are excited to add to the momentum of the thriving city by welcoming the first Hyatt Place to Nepal in this truly unique capital city, which is bursting with history and cultural traditions,” said General Manager Varun Talwar. “With our smartly designed social spaces and guestrooms with separate work and sleep areas, our multitasking guests can easily accomplish what they need to do while on the road.”
Hyatt Place Kathmandu offers:
- 153 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Breakfast Bar featuring an inviting selection of hot and cold items to suit all guests’ needs
- Zing World of Flavors delivers good food, fast, combining local and worldly ingredients with bold tastes from South-East Asia with some Italian-Mediterranean options.
- Zing Sky Bar & Lounge is an energetic poolside venue with breathtaking sunset views, offering curated cocktails and Nepal’s best brews
- The Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night
- The Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Necessities program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Free Wi-Fi Everywhere throughout hotel and guestrooms
- Event Spaces offer approximately 5,382 square feet (500 square meters) of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
- Fitness Center featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens
“Kathmandu is a vibrant city, filled with historic and artistic sites, friendly people, exciting neighborhoods, and an ever-expanding list of places to visit and experience,” said Akshay Golyan, Executive Director, City Hotel Ltd. “Our hotel is central to all of them and we are confident that the Hyatt Place Kathmandu will exceed guest expectations and provide them with everything they need while visiting our area.”
Hyatt Place Kathmandu Leadership
Hyatt Place Kathmandu is under the leadership of General Manager Varun Talwar and Head of Sales and Marketing Achint Rastogi. In his role, Talwar is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s 150 associates and ensuring guests encounter the thoughtful service for which the Hyatt Place brand is known. Rastogi is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Kathmandu area.
Guided by its purpose of care, Hyatt’s multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment further enhances its operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind.
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.
SOURCE Hyatt Place
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business