Baskin-Robbins Launches a New Twist – Soft Serve
America's Favorite Neighborhood Ice Cream Shop Celebrates the Arrival of Soft Serve and Future Arrivals for Moms-to-be with Tori Spelling
CANTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Baskin-Robbins, America's favorite neighborhood ice cream shop, is launching a delicious new line of smooth and creamy Soft Serve products. The world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops is the only national ice cream chain to offer both Soft Serve and hand scooped ice cream. The new Soft Serve treats will be available beginning in May at more than 1,000 stores in California; New York; Chicago; El Paso, Texas; and Nashville, Tenn. To help welcome the company's new addition and to pay tribute to all moms-to-be, Baskin-Robbins is turning "hump day," as it is traditionally known into "Bump Day" for one day on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 with the help of special host and expectant mom, Tori Spelling. During Bump Day, moms-to-be will receive a free 3 oz. cone of Soft Serve*. Leading up to Baskin-Robbins introduction of Soft Serve, the company also conducted a Soft Serve survey, to determine Americans' Soft Serve eating habits.
"Soft Serve represents 70 percent of all ice cream servings nationwide," said Scott Colwell, Baskin-Robbins vice president of marketing. "With the introduction of our Soft Serve, Baskin-Robbins is now truly a destination that meets everyone's ice cream needs in just one stop."
Wednesday, May 21: Bump Day!
With approximately six million pregnancies reported annually in the United States1, there are a lot of women craving ice cream for two! To celebrate its introduction of Soft Serve, Baskin-Robbins is turning Wednesday, May 21 into Bump Day, by offering one free 3 oz. serving of Soft Serve to expectant mothers who visit participating stores from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. To kick-off the event, actress and mom-to-be for the second time, Tori Spelling, will be on hand at Baskin-Robbins in Los Angeles providing expectant moms with the first swirls of Soft Serve. Spelling is star and executive producer of "Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood," which premieres on Oxygen on June 17, 2008.
"As a mom with another baby on the way, I know about the cravings that come with pregnancy," says Tori Spelling. "I love the idea of Bump Day at Baskin-Robbins. It is a fun way to satisfy my sweet tooth during this special time, something every pregnant woman can appreciate!"
Whether newly pregnant or nine months along, anticipating the arrival of a new bundle of joy is a sweet journey. Baskin-Robbins is excited to celebrate this special time with all moms-to-be with its own delicious newbie: a free cone of Soft Serve. For more information about Bump Day, please visit www.baskinrobbins.com/bumpday.
I Scream, You Scream…We all Scream for Soft Serve!
In anticipation of the Soft Serve launch, Baskin-Robbins conducted a recent survey in collaboration with Insight Express. A random nationwide sampling of 1,000 adults, over age 18, were asked about their thoughts and habits when it comes to Soft Serve. Here are some interesting findings from the recent survey.
- One stop shopping is key. Fifty-three percent of ice cream lovers eat both Soft Serve and hand scooped ice cream, making Baskin-Robbins the perfect destination to satisfy all ice cream needs.
- Eating Soft Serve is a pastime enjoyed by many, but Soft Serve aficionados enjoy eating their favorite treat in a variety of ways. Forty-five percent of respondents prefer Soft Serve in a cone while 18 percent enjoy it in a cup. Soft Serve sundaes are a close third at 17 percent.
- Reasons for loving Soft Serve are endless. According to survey participants, the top three reasons Soft Serve is irresistible are: it is soft and creamy (41 percent); the amazing taste (20 percent); and its texture (13 percent).
A Treat for Everyone
While it may be getting warmer across the nation, it's always 31º below at America's favorite neighborhood ice cream shop. Baskin-Robbins irresistible new smooth and creamy Vanilla Soft Serve menu line-up includes:
- Cups and Cones: Baskin-Robbins creamy and delicious Vanilla Soft Serve in traditional cups and cones.
- Soft Serve Sundaes: Classic sundaes made with Baskin-Robbins Soft Serve. Available with hot fudge, caramel, and strawberry sauce.
- 31° Below™: Baskin-Robbins Vanilla Soft Serve blended together with your favorite candies and toppings. Offered in six delicious flavors, with options to create your own.
- Reese's® Peanut Butter Cup: Reese's® Peanut Butter Cups and Reese's® Peanut Butter sauce blended with Baskin-Robbins smooth and creamy Vanilla Soft Serve
- Heath®: Heath® and a caramel ribbon blended with Baskin-Robbins smooth and creamy Vanilla Soft Serve
- OREO®: OREO® cookies blended with Baskin-Robbins smooth and creamy Vanilla Soft Serve
- Chocolate OREO®: OREO® cookies and hot fudge blended with Baskin-Robbins smooth and creamy Vanilla Soft Serve
- Fudge Brownie: Brownie chunks and hot fudge blended with Baskin-Robbins smooth and creamy Vanilla Soft Serve
- Strawberry Banana: Real banana and strawberry topping blended with Baskin-Robbins smooth and creamy Vanilla Soft Serve
- 31° Below™ Pies: Take-home pies made with Baskin-Robbins smooth and creamy Vanilla Soft Serve blended with mouth-watering candies and toppings. Pie varieties include Reese's® Peanut Butter Cup, Heath®, and OREO®, all made with chocolate or graham cracker piecrusts.
- Fruit Creams: A delicious blend of Soft Serve and real fruit flavor. Available in Mango, Berry Pomegranate and Strawberry.
Soft Serve will be available at all Baskin-Robbins locations nationwide by spring 2009. To find a Soft Serve store near you, please visit www.baskinrobbins.com.
1 American Pregnancy Association, www.americanpregnancy.com
*The Bump Day Soft Serve offer is for pregnant women only. Limit one free 3 oz cone cup or cone of Soft Serve per customer. Offer good on Wednesday May 21, 2008 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. while supplies last.
Named the top ice cream and frozen dessert franchise in the United States by Entrepreneur magazine's 29th annual Franchise 500® ranking, Baskin-Robbins is the world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops. Baskin-Robbins creates and markets innovative, premium ice cream, specialty frozen desserts and beverages, providing quality and value to consumers at more than 5,800 retail shops in 34 countries. Baskin-Robbins was founded by two ice cream enthusiasts whose passion led to the creation of more than 1,000 ice cream flavors and a wide variety of delicious treats. Headquartered in Canton, Mass., Baskin-Robbins is part of the Dunkin' Brands, Inc. family of companies. For further information, visit www.baskinrobbins.com.