Baskin-Robbins(R) Adds a Cool Cookie Twist to Summer with OREO(R) Explosion Ice Cream Treats
America's Favorite Neighborhood Ice Cream Shop Celebrates National Ice Cream Month with OREO Ice Cream Lick-A-Thons
CANTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The sun is out, the weather is warm and Baskin-Robbins® is the place to cool down this summer with the addition of OREO® Explosion ice cream treats. America's favorite neighborhood ice cream shop is again teaming up with America's favorite cookie to expand its popular OREO Explosion menu line-up by welcoming 19 outrageous OREO ice cream products. Baskin-Robbins is also celebrating National Ice Cream Month in July by hosting OREO Ice Cream Lick-A-Thon events across the country on July 17, 2008.
"OREO cookies pair perfectly with our delicious ice cream, and blended together they create the ultimate shakes, sundaes, ice cream cakes, and new Soft Serve blended treats," said Scott Colwell, Baskin-Robbins vice president of marketing. "Consumers loved the OREO ice cream treats we introduced last year and we are happy to extend the menu line-up this summer."
Baskin-Robbins and OREO are American icons and together they create all-American summer treats. This summer, ice cream enthusiasts can cool down with traditional hand-scooped OREO ice cream treats or Baskin-Robbins new smooth and creamy Soft Serve blended with delicious OREO cookies. The Soft Serve treats are available at more than 1,000 stores in California; New York; Chicago; El Paso, Texas; and Nashville, Tenn. The OREO offerings are available nationwide for a limited time, while supplies last, July 7, 2008 through the beginning of September 2008.
National Ice Cream Month
Baskin-Robbins is celebrating National Ice Cream Month with community members who love ice cream and fun. Participating stores across the country are hosting Lick-A-Thon events on July 17. Ice cream lovers everywhere can challenge friends, family or community members to a "lick race" to see who can lick a scoop of OREO Cookies 'n Cream ice cream the fastest and become the ultimate Lick Champion. It's a great way to celebrate America's love of ice cream during National Ice Cream Month.
Participating Baskin-Robbins stores will partner with local organizations to involve local communities in the Lick-A-Thons. Many participating stores will also be making donations to local organizations of their choice.
OREO Ice Cream Treats
This summer, beaches and family picnics will be buzzing about Baskin-Robbins OREO Explosion ice cream treats. Baskin-Robbins delicious ice cream treats mixed with America's favorite cream-filled cookie are available at participating stores nationwide through the beginning of September 2008:
- Jamoca® OREO Ice Cream: Jamoca ice cream swirled with a fudge ribbon and OREO cookie pieces
- Chocolate OREO Ice Cream: Milk chocolate ice cream swirled with a crackling chocolate rice crunch ribbon and OREO cookie pieces, also available in pre-packed quarts
- OREO Cookies 'n Cream Ice Cream: Vanilla ice cream with OREO cookie pieces, also available in pre-packed quarts
- NEW Chocolate OREO Sundae: Three scoops of Chocolate OREO ice cream layered with hot fudge, caramel and chopped OREO pieces, topped with whipped cream
- NEW Jamoca OREO Sundae: Three scoops of Jamoca OREO ice cream layered with marshmallow, caramel and chopped OREO pieces, topped with whipped cream
- NEW OREO Cookies 'n Cream Shake: A blend of OREO Cookies 'n Cream ice cream, topped with whipped cream, chocolate drizzle and chopped OREO cookie pieces
- NEW Jamoca OREO Cappuccino Blast®: Jamoca OREO ice cream blended with coffee and crushed OREO cookie pieces
- NEW OREO 31° Below™: Vanilla Soft Serve blended with OREO cookies
- NEW Chocolate OREO® 31° Below™: Vanilla Soft Serve blended with OREO cookies and hot fudge
- NEW OREO 31° Below™ Pies: Take-home pies made with smooth and creamy Vanilla Soft Serve blended with OREO cookies and a chocolate piecrust
- Other outstanding OREO offerings include: OREO Cookie Cake, OREO Cookie Pie, Irresistible OREO Cake, Chocolate OREO Shake, OREO Layered Sundae, Jamoca OREO Shake, and OREO 'n Cookies Cappuccino Blast
During the hot summer months, Baskin-Robbins will be offering additional fun treats in-store. Light and refreshing options include Tropical Ice, Strawberry Sorbet, Rainbow Sherbet, Wild 'n Reckless Sherbet, Vanilla Non-Fat Yogurt, and Berries and Banana (no sugar added). To stay in the summer spirit, Baskin-Robbins is the place to find fun seasonal ice cream favorites like Pink Bubblegum, Cotton Candy, America's Favorite Birthday Cake, and Baseball Nut®.
For ice cream lovers on the go, Baskin-Robbins is introducing new ice cream and frozen treat novelties available at stores nationwide. The treats are perfect to grab from the freezer and go to the beach or a little league game. The new novelty items include:
- Fruit Blast Bars: Refreshing fruit ice bars made with real fruit, are naturally fat free, and are only 50 calories per bar. Each pack contains an assortment of 12 Strawberry, Mango and Blue Raspberry bars
- OREO Sundae Cup: Vanilla flavored ice cream loaded with chunks of OREO Cookies, swirled with a chocolate ribbon, topped with fudge and crushed OREO Cookies
- REESE'S® Peanut Butter Cup Sundae Cup: Vanilla flavored ice cream loaded with chunks of REESE'S Peanut Butter cups swirled with a REESE'S Peanut Butter ribbon, topped with fudge, more REESE'S Peanut Butter Sauce and crushed REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups
- Pralines 'n Cream Sundae Cup: Vanilla flavored ice cream loaded with praline coated pecan pieces, swirled with a caramel ribbon, topped with caramel and crushed praline coated pecan pieces
Named the top ice cream and frozen dessert franchise in the United States by Entrepreneur magazine's 29th annual Franchise 500® ranking, Baskin-Robbins is the world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops. Baskin-Robbins creates and markets innovative, premium ice cream, specialty frozen desserts and beverages, providing quality and value to consumers at more than 5,800 retail shops in 32 countries. Baskin-Robbins was founded by two ice cream enthusiasts whose passion led to the creation of more than 1,000 ice cream flavors and a wide variety of delicious treats. Headquartered in Canton, Mass., Baskin-Robbins is part of the Dunkin' Brands, Inc. family of companies.
OREO is a registered trademark of Kraft Foods Holdings, Inc.