Five Tips For Choosing A Non-Medical, Personal Care Provider
July 17, 2008 // Franchising.com // Home Helpers, a national franchise providing non-medical and personal Senior Care, New Mom Care, Recuperative Care and Continuing Care, recommends the following tips to those seeking a caregiver:
- Ensure the caregiver you select is experienced and complies with industry "best practices" for home aide background checks. A Level 1 background check includes checking for any misdemeanors, felonies or convictions.
- Look for caregivers that are employed by the company providing services instead of serving as a subcontractor. Employees should be bonded and covered by Workers' Compensation insurance, which helps protect those purchasing services.
- If your state requires caregivers to be licensed, be sure the one you select is compliant and fully licensed.
- Ask about whether or not caregivers receive ongoing training and support from their employer to help them provide the best care possible.
- Be sure to meet and interview potential candidates prior to hiring them to provide care to you or a loved one.
While no process can be completely foolproof, taking these precautions can reduce the likelihood of any issues arising and help those seeking non-medical or personal care make an informed, educated decision about who to hire.
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances