Baskin-Robbins Scoops Up Fun for a Good Cause Throughout the Detroit Area
Eighteen Area Baskin-Robbins Stores Host FUNraiser Event to Support the Make-A-Wish Foundation(R)
CANTON, Mass., Aug. 4 // PRNewswire // -- Baskin-Robbins franchisees in the Detroit area are teaming up with the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan for a sweet celebration and a fun partnership. Eighteen Baskin-Robbins stores in the Detroit area are joining together to host a FUNraiser event on August 13, 2008 from 6 - 10 p.m. in support of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan. The local Baskin-Robbins stores will donate 20 percent of sales raised during the event to the organization. Customers can also donate additional funds directly to Make-A-Wish Foundation representatives who will be on hand at the participating stores during the event.
Baskin-Robbins is celebrating summer and the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan's dedication to the Detroit area by encouraging community members to join in the festivities and contribute to the event. Community members, friends of Make-A-Wish and consumers are invited to join in the fun and enjoy their favorite frozen treats while supporting a great cause. The worthy organization is the nation's largest wish-granting organization and has given hope, strength and joy to children with life-threatening medical conditions, granting a new child a wish every 40 minutes nationwide.
FUNraisers are one of Baskin-Robbins Community Education Outreach programs and are a way for Baskin-Robbins franchisees to show support in their community by partnering with local non-profits and raise funds for the organization.
Ice Cream for a Cause
"We greatly admire the Make-A-Wish Foundation and their dedication to the children and families in the community," said Baskin-Robbins Franchisee Cindy Savich. "We are happy to show our appreciation and give back to the organization which has helped so many children in our region."
The FUNraiser events will be held at the participating Baskin-Robbins locations in the following towns: Allen Park, Ann Arbor (two stores), Clinton Township, Grand Blanc, Livonia, Madison Heights, Novi, Oak Park (two stores), Orchard Lake, Plymouth, Rochester Hills, Roseville, Royal Oak, Troy, Walled Lake, and Warren. Please visit http://www.baskinrobbins.com for exact locations.
Endless Possibilities in Store
During the FUNraiser event, consumers can support the Make-A-Wish Foundation while trying some of Baskin-Robbins new OREO(R) Explosion ice cream treats. The OREO treats include:
- Jamoca(R) OREO Ice Cream: Jamoca ice cream swirled with a fudge ribbon and OREO cookie pieces
- Chocolate OREO Ice Cream: Milk chocolate ice cream swirled with a crackling chocolate rice crunch ribbon and OREO cookie pieces
- OREO Cookies 'n Cream Ice Cream: Vanilla ice cream with OREO cookie pieces
- NEW Chocolate OREO Sundae: Three scoops of Chocolate OREO ice cream layered with hot fudge, caramel and chopped OREO pieces, topped with whipped cream
- NEW Jamoca OREO Sundae: Three scoops of Jamoca OREO ice cream layered with marshmallow, caramel and chopped OREO pieces, topped with whipped cream
- NEW Cookies 'n Cream Shake: A blend of OREO Cookies 'n Cream ice cream, topped with whipped cream, chocolate drizzle and chopped OREO cookie pieces
- NEW Jamoca OREO Shake: Jamoca OREO ice cream and caramel, topped with whipped cream, caramel drizzle and crushed OREO cookie pieces
- NEW Jamoca OREO Cappuccino Blast: Jamoca OREO ice cream blended with coffee and crushed OREO cookie pieces
- Other outstanding OREO offerings include: OREO Cookie Cake, OREO Cookie Pie, Irresistible OREO Cake, Chocolate OREO Shake, and OREO Layered Sundae
Named the top ice cream and frozen dessert franchise in the United States by Entrepreneur magazine's 29th annual Franchise 500(R) ranking, Baskin-Robbins is the world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops. Baskin-Robbins creates and markets innovative, premium ice cream, specialty frozen desserts and beverages, providing quality and value to consumers at more than 5,800 retail shops in more than 30 countries. Baskin-Robbins was founded by two ice cream enthusiasts whose passion led to the creation of more than 1,000 ice cream flavors and a wide variety of delicious treats. Headquartered in Canton, Mass., Baskin-Robbins is part of the Dunkin' Brands, Inc. family of companies.
About the Make-A-Wish Foundation
Since its inception in 1984, the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan -- a chapter of the Make-A-Wish Foundation (R) of America -- has brought joy into the lives of thousands of people in our Michigan community through its important wish-granting mission. The Foundation has granted more than 5,000 wishes in its 24 year history and grants over 400 wishes annually. This is the year that the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan challenges our community to reflect on how they bring joy to others and encourages them to join in the magic of making a difference through the gift of Make-A-Wish. More than 80% of expenditures are directly related to program services (wish granting) and the Foundation has offices in Detroit, Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids. For more information, call 734.994.8620 or visit http://www.wishmich.org.