Baskin-Robbins(R) Rings in 2009 with New Menu Line-up of Better-for-You Bright Choices(TM) Treats
America's Favorite Neighborhood Ice Cream Shop Celebrates New Lighter Treats with Free Offer on January 15
Canton, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Baskin-Robbins®, America's favorite neighborhood ice cream shop, is ringing in the New Year early with the introduction of BRight Choices™ treats. BRight Choices are better-for-you light ice cream options including fat free, dairy free, no sugar added and light ice cream offerings. BRight Choices flavors have all the great taste and quality customers expect from Baskin-Robbins but with less guilt. To celebrate the launch of BRight Choices, Baskin-Robbins is celebrating the bright choices customers make each day with BRight Choices Day on Jan. 15, 2009. On BRight Choices Day, participating Baskin-Robbins shops nationwide will offer a free BRight Choices scoop to any customer with proof of a gym membership.
An estimated 80 million Americans go on a diet each year1. For ice cream lovers who may be on a diet or are just simply looking for Baskin-Robbins quality and flavor with less fat and fewer calories, BRight Choices offerings are the perfect treats, ranging from 80 to 140 calories per 2.5 ounce scoop. To help guide ice cream lovers, all BRight Choices offerings will be indicated by a special pink star decal on the ice cream flavor strips in stores.
"Baskin-Robbins is known for its quality and variety of delicious flavors," said Scott Colwell, Baskin-Robbins brand marketing officer worldwide. "Our new BRight Choices flavors are perfect for customers who are looking for a lighter treat but still crave Baskin-Robbins quality ice cream."
BRight Choices Day on Jan. 15, 2009
January can be a difficult month – the holidays are over, New Year's resolutions are beginning, and everyone is still feeling the effects of holiday feasts. But the New Year is the perfect time to start making brighter choices. To help ice cream lovers get through the mid-January blues and to celebrate bright choices made each day, Baskin-Robbins is hosting BRight Choices Day nationwide on Jan. 15 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Customers who show proof of a gym membership at a participating Baskin-Robbins shop will receive a free 2.5 ounce scoop of any BRight Choices flavor.
"I am always looking for new guilt-free foods that satisfy my cravings," said Lisa Lillien, the founder of hungry-girl.com, a Web site providing tips and tricks on how to enjoy favorite foods. "Baskin-Robbins BRight Choices flavors are a great way to indulge in delicious ice cream without taking in a lot of calories or fat."
BRight Choices – Look for the Star
BRight Choices is Baskin-Robbins first full menu of better-for-you frozen treats. In Jan. 2008, the company removed all artificial Trans Fats from its ice cream. In addition, Dunkin' Brands, the parent company of Baskin-Robbins, formed a Nutrition Advisory Board in 2007 comprised of leading nutrition experts, to help the brands stay ahead of health and wellness trends while enhancing the nutritional value of its menu choices.
BRight Choices provides a variety of options for customers looking for a lighter treat. Ice cream lovers can also make their favorite sundaes and frozen beverages into lighter treats by using BRight Choices flavor options. BRight Choices treats will be available year-round with Premium Churned Light Vanilla and Milk Chocolate, and Fat Free Frozen Vanilla Yogurt permanent additions to the dipping cabinet. Additional new BRight Choices flavors will be introduced throughout the year.
Premium Churned Light Ice Cream
– 50 percent less fat and 20 percent fewer calories than Baskin-Robbins regular ice cream
- Vanilla: Light Vanilla flavored ice cream made with fresh cream and real vanilla, 130 calories and 4.5 grams of fat in a 2.5 ounce scoop
- Milk Chocolate: Rich and creamy light Milk Chocolate ice cream, 130 calories and 4.5 grams of fat in a 2.5 ounce scoop
- Raspberry Chip: Light Raspberry flavored ice cream with bittersweet chocolate chips and a raspberry ribbon, 140 calories and 4 grams of fat in a 2.5 ounce scoop (Available through March, while supplies last)
Premium Churned Reduced Fat No Sugar Added Ice Cream
– 25 percent less fat than Baskin-Robbins regular ice cream
- Butter Almond Crunch: Reduced fat Butter Almond flavored ice cream with butter roasted almonds, 140 calories and 7 grams of fat in a 2.5 ounce scoop (Available through March, while supplies last)
- Pineapple Coconut: Reduced fat Pineapple Coconut ice cream with chunks of pineapple, 100 calories and 4 grams of fat in a 2.5 ounce scoop (Available through June, while supplies last)
– Fat free and made with live and active cultures
- Vanilla: Creamy fat free Vanilla frozen yogurt, made with live and active cultures, 90 calories and 0 grams of fat in a 2.5 ounce scoop
Real Fruit Sorbet
– Fat free and dairy free
- Strawberry Sorbet: Real fruit Strawberry sorbet made with strawberry puree and strawberries, 80 calories and 0 grams of fat in a 2.5 ounce scoop (Available through March, while supplies last)
Named the top ice cream and frozen dessert franchise in the United States by Entrepreneur magazine's 30th annual Franchise 500® ranking, Baskin-Robbins is the world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops. Baskin-Robbins creates and markets innovative, premium ice cream, specialty frozen desserts and beverages, providing quality and value to consumers at more than 5,800 retail shops in more than 30 countries. Baskin-Robbins was founded by two ice cream enthusiasts whose passion led to the creation of more than 1,000 ice cream flavors and a wide variety of delicious treats. Headquartered in Canton, Mass., Baskin-Robbins is part of the Dunkin' Brands, Inc. family of companies.