Buffalo Wild Wings(R) Announces Winners of Annual Partnership Awards
Top honors recognized in six categories for 2008 calendar year
Minneapolis, (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Buffalo Wild Wings(R), Inc. (Nasdaq: BWLD), the national sports grill and bar known for its award-winning Buffalo, NY-style chicken wings spun in one of 14 signature sauces, today announced the recipients of its Annual Vendor and Franchise Awards given out each year in six different categories, and presented by executive team members during the company's March convention.
"We are pleased to recognize these incredibly committed franchisees and business partners who have made a significant impact on the Buffalo Wild Wing's growth and success over the past year," said Sally J. Smith, President and CEO of Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc. "Our success is due in large part to the support and dedication of these award recipients and we look forward to their future contributions in 2009. Congratulations to all of our 2008 award winners."
Top winners recognized include:
- 2008 Business Partner of the Year is awarded to Miller Coors
- 2008 Fellowship Business Partner of the Year is awarded to a business partner that may be small in size but is big in their impact. This year's recipient is Mendota Valley Amusement
- 2008 Emerging Business Partner of the Year is awarded to a partner that made a significant leap over the course of the past year in its commitment to the Buffalo Wild Wings brand. This year's recipient is Bacardi
- 2008 Single Unit Franchisee of the Year is awarded to Kevin O'Laughlin, Vincennes, Indiana
- 2008 Multi Unit Franchisee of the Year is awarded to Wray Hutchinson and Chris Minoza, Portland, OR
- 2008 Franchise Founders Award is awarded each year to an individual who displays the same spirit, commitment and passion for the Buffalo Wild Wings brand as our late founder, Jim Disbrow. This year's recipient is Chris Olexa, Houma, Louisiana
These Awards were distributed at an awards dinner hosted during the company's convention in Orlando, Florida. Annual winners are chosen for special recognition based on input from the home office, field teams and all company and franchise restaurants.
About the Company
Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc., founded in 1982 and headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a growing owner, operator and franchisor of restaurants featuring a variety of boldly-flavored, made-to-order menu items including Buffalo-style chicken wings spun in one of 14 signature sauces. Buffalo Wild Wings is an inviting neighborhood destination with widespread appeal and is the recipient of dozens of "Best Wings" and "Best Sports Bar" awards from across the country. There are currently 581 Buffalo Wild Wings locations across 40 states.
SOURCE: Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc.