Baskin-Robbins(R) Celebrates Nationwide Launch of Soft Serve With Month-Long 88-Cent Cone Offer
Company Becomes Largest and Only National Ice Cream Chain to Offer Both Soft Serve and Hand-Scooped Ice Cream
CANTON, Mass., May 4 // PRNewswire // -- Americans can now enjoy delicious flavor combinations in both Soft Serve and hard ice cream varieties at participating Baskin-Robbins(R) locations nationwide. Baskin-Robbins, America's favorite neighborhood ice cream shop, is now the largest and only national ice cream chain to offer both Soft Serve and hard ice cream options. In celebration, now through Memorial Day, customers are invited to enjoy a Vanilla Soft Serve Cone for only 88 cents.*
Baskin-Robbins, known for its 31 flavors of hard ice cream, now also offers 31 ways to enjoy Soft Serve. The nationwide launch of Soft Serve features favorites like Soft Serve cones, cups and sundaes, and introduces exciting new Baskin-Robbins menu offerings including:
- NEW Magic Sprinkles(TM): Magic Sprinkles offer colorful fun - magically changing color as they are licked off a cone. The sprinkles are available in Berry, Grape and Watermelon flavors, which change from red to blue, blue to purple, and green to red.
- 31 Below(TM): Baskin-Robbins Vanilla Soft Serve blended together with delicious candies and toppings. Flavors include Butterfinger(R), Reese's(R) Peanut Butter Cup, M&M's(R), Snickers(R), Oreo(R), Heath(R) Bar, and favorite original Baskin-Robbins flavors like Jamoca(R) Almond Fudge. Consumers can also customize toppings, creating their very own 31 Below(TM).
- 31 Below(TM) Pies: Take-home pies made with Baskin-Robbins Vanilla Soft Serve, blended with mouth-watering candies and toppings. Pie varieties include Reese's(R) Peanut Butter Cup, Heath(R) Bar and OREO(R), all made with chocolate or graham cracker piecrusts.
- Fruit Creams: A delicious blend of Vanilla Soft Serve and real fruit puree. Available in Peach Passion, Mango and Strawberry.
The nationwide launch of Soft Serve marks a significant milestone in Baskin-Robbins heritage of flavor innovation. "For 64 years, customers have been coming to Baskin-Robbins to enjoy our variety of ice cream flavors and treats," said Baskin-Robbins Global Marketing Officer, Scott Colwell. "With the special 88-cent promotion and the national launch of Soft Serve, we can provide a great value while introducing even more delicious offerings."
Baskin-Robbins 88-cent Soft Serve promotion arrives on the heels of the company's third-annual 31 Cent Scoop Night last week. As part of Baskin-Robbins continued commitment to providing value to its customers, on April 29, millions of ice cream scoops were sold for 31 cents each.
The introduction of Baskin-Robbins new Soft Serve products also follows the recent launch of the company's BRight Choices(TM) treats. BRight Choices are better-for-you options that have all the great taste and quality customers expect from Baskin-Robbins. BRight Choices menu options include fat-free, dairy-free, no-sugar-added and light ice cream offerings. With both the national launch of Soft Serve and introduction of BRight Choices in 2009, Baskin-Robbins menu offers the perfect treat for all ice cream lovers.
* Regular 6 oz. Vanilla Soft Serve cones and Kid 3 oz. Vanilla Soft Serve cones will both be reduced to 88 cents through May 25, 2009. All other menu items including ice cream toppings will remain at regular menu price. Offer available while supplies last at participating Baskin-Robbins.
Named the top ice cream and frozen dessert franchise in the United States by Entrepreneur magazine's 29th annual Franchise 500(R) ranking, Baskin-Robbins is the world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops. Baskin-Robbins creates and markets innovative, premium ice cream, specialty frozen desserts and beverages, providing quality and value to consumers at more than 6,000 retail shops in 35 countries. Baskin-Robbins was founded by two ice cream enthusiasts whose passion led to the creation of more than 1,000 ice cream flavors and a wide variety of delicious treats. Headquartered in Canton, Mass., Baskin-Robbins is part of the Dunkin' Brands, Inc. family of companies.