Baskin-Robbins Helps Kick-Start New Year's Resolutions With New Better-For-You BRight Choices(TM) Treats
America's Favorite Neighborhood Ice Cream Shop Celebrates New Year with 99-Cent Additional Scoop Offer
CANTON, Mass., Jan. 8 // PRNewswire // -- Baskin-Robbins, America's favorite neighborhood ice cream shop, is ringing in the New Year with an expanded line-up of BRight Choices(TM) treats. BRight Choices are better-for-you light ice cream options including fat free, dairy free, no sugar added and light ice cream. Just in time for New Year's resolutions, BRight Choices flavors have all the great taste and quality customers expect from Baskin-Robbins but with less guilt. The new BRight Choices flavors include Premium Churned Reduced Fat No Sugar Added Mocha Blackberry Chip ice cream, Premium Churned Light Dulce de Leche ice cream, and Vanilla Pomegranate Parfait frozen yogurt.
For ice cream lovers who are looking for Baskin-Robbins quality and flavor with less fat and fewer calories, the new BRight Choices offerings are the perfect treat, ranging from 80 to 140 calories per 2.5 ounce scoop. Baskin-Robbins is kicking off a satisfying start to 2010 with its new reduced-fat, premium churned ice cream flavors and fruit-based frozen yogurt options.
"Baskin-Robbins continues to provide ice cream variety with our delicious new BRight Choices flavors," said Srinivas Kumar, chief brand officer for Baskin-Robbins Worldwide. "Our expanded better-for-you menu is great for customers looking for a lighter treat that has the quality they have come to expect from Baskin-Robbins."
New Year, New Deal
Now through April 4th, Baskin-Robbins is helping ice cream lovers enjoy even more flavor by offering an additional scoop of any of its BRight Choices or regular ice cream varieties for only 99 cents*. Baskin-Robbins is jumping into 2010 with this 99 cents sweet-treat offer, showing its appreciation for ice cream and frozen yogurt lovers everywhere.
BRight Choices - Look for the Star
Baskin-Robbins introduced its BRight Choices menu of better-for-you frozen treats in January 2009. Ice cream lovers can make their favorite sundaes and frozen beverages into lighter treats by using BRight Choices flavor options. All BRight Choices offerings are indicated by a special pink star decal on the ice cream flavor strips in stores. BRight Choices flavors are available year-round in the dipping cabinet. Additional new BRight Choices flavors will be introduced throughout the year.
Premium Churned Light Ice Cream - 50 percent less fat and 20 percent fewer calories than Baskin-Robbins regular ice cream
- NEW Dulce de Leche: Light Dulce de Leche ice cream swirled with a dulce de leche ribbon, 140 calories and 4.5 grams of fat in a 2.5 ounce scoop
- Vanilla**: Light Vanilla flavored ice cream made with fresh cream and real vanilla, 130 calories and 4.5 grams of fat in a 2.5 ounce scoop
- Milk Chocolate**: Rich and creamy light Milk Chocolate ice cream, 130 calories and 4.5 grams of fat in a 2.5 ounce scoop
Premium Churned Reduced Fat No Sugar Added Ice Cream - 25 percent less fat than Baskin-Robbins regular ice cream
- NEW Mocha Blackberry Chip: Reduced fat Coffee ice cream with bittersweet chocolate chips and a raspberry ribbon, 120 calories and 6 grams of fat in a 2.5 ounce scoop
Frozen Yogurt - made with live and active cultures
- NEW Vanilla Pomegranate Parfait: Creamy Vanilla frozen yogurt swirled with a pomegranate ribbon and yogurt covered granola pieces (6 % yogurt made with live and active cultures) 150 calories and 5 grams of fat in a 2.5 ounce scoop
- Vanilla: Creamy fat free Vanilla frozen yogurt, made with live and active cultures, 90 calories and 0 grams of fat in a 2.5 ounce scoop
* Additional 99-cent scoop offer only valid for 4 oz scoops of BRight Choices or regular ice cream. Offer available while supplies last at participating Baskin-Robbins locations. ** Flavors available at participating Baskin-Robbins locations.
Named the top ice cream and frozen dessert franchise in the United States by Entrepreneur magazine's 30th annual Franchise 500® ranking, Baskin-Robbins is the world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops. Baskin-Robbins creates and markets innovative, premium ice cream, specialty frozen desserts and beverages, providing quality and value to consumers at more than 5,800 retail shops in more than 30 countries. Baskin-Robbins was founded by two ice cream enthusiasts whose passion led to the creation of more than 1,000 ice cream flavors and a wide variety of delicious treats. Headquartered in Canton, Mass., Baskin-Robbins is part of the Dunkin' Brands, Inc. family of companies.