Sport Clips' Gordon and Bettye Logan Recognized for Philanthropy
May 03, 2010 // Franchising.com // Georgetown, Texas - Gordon Logan, founder and CEO of Sport Clips, the nation's leading hair care franchise dedicated to men and boys, and his wife Bettye, Sport Clips vice president, were recently recognized with two Georgetown, Texas-area philanthropy awards.
The Georgetown Chamber of Commerce presented the Logans with the Jesse (Buz) Sawyer Philanthropy Award for their significant contributions to the Georgetown community. These contributions to the region include:
- Support of Georgetown-area Habitat for Humanity efforts
- Gordon's service on the foundation board of the Georgetown Community Clinic/Lone Star Circle of Care
- Bettye's service on the Chisholm Trail Community Foundation board and the Georgetown Boys & Girls Club board
- Nationally, the Logans, through Sport Clips, were recognized for being the largest contributor to the Veterans of Foreign Wars Operation Uplink free call days program, totaling almost $500K to date and sponsorship of a Habitat for Humanity house in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina through Vidal Sassoon's "Hairdressers Unlocking Hope" campaign. Sport Clips was the first chain of salons to participate in the effort, which later inspired several other chains to do the same.
The Logans also recently received, for a second time, the Jeremiah Milbank Society recognition for outstanding contribution to the Georgetown Boys & Girls Club
Gordon commented, "Giving back to our community, our neighbors and our service men and women is a privilege. These organizations make a huge difference in the lives of so many, and we are thankful that Sport Clips has enabled us to contribute to these worthy causes. Much of our contribution is due to the efforts of the thousands of Sport Clips Team Members and our Clients across the country. It is truly a team effort!"
Sport Clips is headquartered in Georgetown, Texas and was established in 1995 by founder and CEO Gordon Logan. The franchise ranked in the top 100 overall and top 50 in growth for the sixth straight year in Entrepreneur Magazine's "Franchise 500" and in the top 50 in Dun & Bradstreet's AllBusiness.com "2010 AllBusiness AllStars." Sport Clips is the "Official Haircutter" of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) and offers veterans preferential pricing on haircuts and franchises. They are also the largest contributor to the VFW's Operation Uplink program, having donated almost $500,000 to help overseas soldiers call home. Sport Clips is a proud sponsor of Joe Gibbs Racing's NASCAR driver, Joey Logano, and holds partnerships with several teams in the National Basketball Association (NBA), Major League Baseball (MLB), and National Hockey League (NHL).
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances