Baskin-Robbins Announces the Top 10 Finalists for the 'Create Baskin's Next Favorite Flavor' Contest
America can vote for their favorite flavor at http://bit.ly/aQxxIP
Finalists receive free ice cream for a year and the winning flavor will be sold in Baskin-Robbins in June 2011 CANTON, Mass., Nov. 30, 2010 // PRNewswire // -- Baskin-Robbins, the world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops, has selected the top 10 finalists of its national online flavor creation contest and is now calling on ice cream lovers across the country to select the winning flavor that will be featured in Baskin-Robbins shops nationwide June 2011.
During October, ice cream enthusiasts had a unique opportunity to play mix-master and create their own ice cream flavor with the Baskin-Robbins virtual Flavor Creator. Nearly 20,000 people channeled their imagination to mix their own ingredients to create a signature ice cream flavor from 31 base flavors, a variety of ribbons such as fudge or peanut butter and oodles of different mix-ins ranging from candies to cookies. People can vote for their favorite ice cream creations beginning today through December 12 at http://bit.ly/aQxxIP.
"We were extremely impressed with the creativity and novelty of all the ice cream fans who created their dream Baskin-Robbins ice cream flavor," said Brian O'Mara, Baskin-Robbins Vice President of Marketing. "We salute our top 10 finalists and thank everyone who participated in the online contest, and we look forward to seeing which one of the flavors will be added to our expansive ice cream library alongside our world famous flavors such as World Class Chocolate, Jamoca Almond Fudge and Gold Medal Ribbon."
The 10 finalists and their outstanding ice cream creations include:
- Blueberry-Lemon Trifle, Paula Tribe, Olyphant, PA: Blueberry ice cream with golden cake pieces and a blueberry ribbon.
- Bunches of Crunches, Diane Sroga, Chicago, IL: Chocolate ice cream with pecans, Heath Bar pieces and a caramel ribbon.
- Cherry Berry Swirl, Stefani Gabrielsen, Poachontas, AR: White Mousse ice cream with cherries, strawberries and a raspberry ribbon.
- Cherry Pie, Roxanne Savedra, Lebanon, OR: Vanilla ice cream with cherries, pie crust pieces and a cherry ribbon.
- Heavenly Cloud, Christine Karpinski, Albany, OR: White Mousse ice cream with chocolate flakes, caramel-filled chocolate cups and a caramel cinnamon cream ribbon.
- Pineapple Cherry Inside-Out Cake, Beth Lovestead, Branford, CT: Pineapple ice cream with golden cake pieces, cherries and a cherry ribbon.
- Pecan Pie on the Fly, Lane Kessler, Medina, OH: Brown Sugar ice cream with pecans, pie crust pieces and a caramel cinnamon cream ribbon.
- Rally Round the Flag, Darlene Morris, Baton Rouge, LA: Vanilla ice cream with strawberry and golden cake pieces and a blueberry ribbon.
- Strawberry-Chocolate Mousse Pie, Catherine Gillund, Brentwood, CA: White Mousse ice cream with chocolate flakes, graham cracker pieces and a strawberry ribbon.
- The Red, White and Mousse, Megan Peregory, Middleburg, FL: White Mousse ice cream with golden cake pieces, strawberries and a blueberry ribbon.
Each finalist wins free ice cream for a year and the grand prize winner will have their flavor immortalized in the Baskin-Robbins ice cream library and featured as the June 2011 Flavor of the Month. The grand prize winner will also receive a trip for two to Boston that includes a three-night stay at a landmark Boston hotel, an evening at the theatre, $1,000 in spending money and a trip to Baskin-Robbins' headquarters where he or she will meet the Baskin-Robbins culinary team and spend a day bringing their flavor to life. For more information and official rules, please visit www.BaskinRobbins.com/flavorcreatorrules.
Named the top ice cream and frozen dessert franchise in the United States by Entrepreneur magazine's 31st annual Franchise 500® ranking, Baskin-Robbins is the world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops. Baskin-Robbins creates and markets innovative, premium ice cream, specialty frozen desserts and beverages, providing quality and value to consumers at more than 6,000 retail shops in 33 countries. Baskin-Robbins was founded in 1945 by two ice cream enthusiasts whose passion led to the creation of more than 1,000 ice cream flavors and a wide variety of delicious treats. Headquartered in Canton, Mass., Baskin-Robbins is part of the Dunkin' Brands, Inc. family of companies. For further information, visit www.baskinrobbins.com.