The Goddard School Announces $10K Scholarship
Scholarship to be given to an eligible junior or senior high school student
King Of Prussia, PA (Grassroots Newswire) – The Goddard School® is calling out to all Goddard School alumni. The organization has just announced that it will be accepting applications for its annual $10,000 Anthony A. Martino Memorial Scholarship.
The scholarship is given to one Goddard School alumnus each year and helps to finance the tuition of the college or university of the student's choice.
"The Anthony A. Martino Memorial Scholarship provides financial support to a graduate from The Goddard School who currently demonstrates excellent work ethic and perserverance at their high school," says Joe Schumacher, chief executive officer for Goddard Systems, Inc. "We know we have many alumni who meet the criteria and we are excited to recognize the recipient of this prestigious award."
The Anthony A. Martino Memorial Scholarship is named in memory of the founder of The Goddard School, an entrepreneur who started several other well-known franchise companies including Aamco Transmissions, Inc. and Maaco Auto Painting and Bodyworks, Inc. According to Schumacher, Martino was a successful businessperson who worked his way up from humble beginnings to achieve success.
The application deadline for the Anthony A. Memorial Scholarship is February 11, 2011. Eligible applicants can access the scholarship application on Goddard's Web site at www.goddardschool.com under the Communication tab. Students interested in applying should follow the below guidelines:
- Applicants must be graduates of The Goddard School Pre-Kindergarten and/or Kindergarten program.
- Applicants must submit a completed application form
- Applicants must use the scholarship to attend an accredited college or university.
- Only junior and senior high school students are eligible.
- Relatives of Goddard Systems, Inc. or The Goddard School employees are ineligible.
- The scholarship recipient selection will be made without regard to race, age, gender, religion, political beliefs, employment status or any other factor which could constitute unfair or illegal discrimination.
- Decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final in matters relating to the above practices.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of funds available and applicant eligibility.
- To complement the Scholarship Application, applicants may submit a video essay between 30 and 120 seconds (e.g., How The Goddard School influenced your career path/education). Video essays should be mailed to 1016 West Ninth Ave, King of Prussia, PA 19406 ATTN: Scholarship. (Video content may be used by Goddard Systems, Inc. in advertising and publicity, including broadcast and social media.)
At The Goddard School, children are encouraged to develop at their own pace in a warm environment supported by a team of dedicated teachers. Children are also provided with carefully planned educational programs that meet the social, emotional, cognitive and physical needs of each child.
To learn more about The Goddard School, or about the Anthony A. Martino Memorial Scholarship, families are encouraged to visit www.goddardschool.com.
About Goddard Systems, Inc. www.goddardschool.com
Recently named #1 Childcare Franchise in the United States, by Entrepreneur magazine, for the tenth consecutive year (January 2011) and one of the Top 200 Franchise Systems (in worldwide sales), by Franchise Times, for the fourth consecutive year (October 2010); Goddard Systems, Inc. (GSI) is expanding The Goddard School® network throughout the United States. Headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, GSI currently licenses 370+ franchised schools with more than 43,000 students in 34 states. With a successful system in place and dedicated franchisees, GSI is the acknowledged leader in franchised childcare and a premier educational childcare provider in the United States.