Preschool Offers $10K College Scholarship Opportunity for Graduates
The Goddard School Announces College Scholarship
King Of Prussia, PA (Grassroots Newswire) November 07, 2011 – The Goddard School is reaching out to all Goddard School alumni. The organization has just announced that it will be accepting applications for its fourth annual $10,000 Anthony A. Martino Memorial Scholarship.
The scholarship is awarded to a Goddard School alumnus each year to use toward his or her education at an accredited college or university.
"The Anthony A. Martino Memorial Scholarship provides financial support to a graduate of The Goddard School who demonstrates an excellent work ethic, commitment to family and community and a love of learning," says Joe Schumacher, chief executive officer for Goddard Systems, Inc. "We are eager to determine this year’s recipient of this prestigious award.”
The Anthony A. Martino Memorial Scholarship is named in memory of the founder of The Goddard School, an entrepreneur who started several other well-known franchise companies including AAMCO Transmissions, Inc. and MAACO Auto Painting and Bodyworks, Inc. According to Schumacher, Martino was a successful businessperson who worked his way up from humble beginnings to achieve success.
The application deadline for the Anthony A. Martino Memorial Scholarship is February 19, 2012. Eligible applicants can access the scholarship application on Goddard’s Web site at www.goddardschool.com under the Communication tab. Students interested in applying should follow the guidelines below:
- Applicants must be graduates of The Goddard School Pre-Kindergarten and/or Kindergarten program.
- Applicants must submit a completed application form.
- Applicants must use the scholarship to attend an accredited college or university.
- Only high school juniors and seniors are eligible.
- To complement the Scholarship Application, applicants may submit a video essay between 30 and 120 seconds (e.g., How The Goddard School influenced your career path/education). Video essays should be mailed to 1016 West Ninth Ave, King of Prussia, PA 19406 ATTN: Scholarship. (Video content may be used by Goddard Systems, Inc. in advertising and publicity, including broadcast and social media.)
- Relatives of Goddard Systems, Inc. or The Goddard School employees are ineligible.
- The scholarship recipient selection will be made without regard to race, age, gender, religion, political beliefs, employment status or any other factor which could constitute unfair or illegal discrimination.
- Decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final in matters relating to the above practices.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of funds available and applicant eligibility.
The Goddard School has been at the forefront of early childhood education for nearly 25 years, and the results of a recent assessment are proof of this. Results from the Children’s Progress Academic Assessment (CPAA), an early childhood assessment, show that Goddard School students consistently outperform the general population of CPAA users by a significant margin and met or exceeded grade level expectations at a higher rate than the general population in every concept assessed on the CPAA.
To learn more about The Goddard School, or about the Anthony A. Martino Memorial Scholarship, families are encouraged to visit www.goddardschool.com.
About Goddard Systems, Inc. www.goddardschool.com
Recently named #1 Childcare Franchise in the United States, by Entrepreneur magazine, for the tenth consecutive year (January 2011) and one of the Top 200 Franchise Systems (in worldwide sales), by Franchise Times, for the fifth consecutive year (October 2011); Goddard Systems, Inc. (GSI) is expanding The Goddard School® network throughout the United States. Headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, GSI currently licenses 370+ franchised schools with more than 45,000 students in 34 states. With a successful system in place and dedicated franchisees, GSI is the acknowledged leader in franchised childcare and a premier educational childcare provider in the United States.
Director, Marketing and Public Relations
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances