Denny's Corporation Announces Annual Franchise Awards
SPARTANBURG, S.C., Nov 29, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Denny's Corporation (NASDAQ: DENN), one of America's largest full-service family restaurant chains, recently partnered with the Denny's Franchise Association for its annual convention in San Diego, where corporate team members and members of the Denny's franchise community came together to discuss the company's brand strategy and growth plans as it looks ahead to 2012.
A highlight at the convention was the annual award ceremony where the following franchisees were recognized for their remarkable performance this year:
- Franchisee of the Year, Large Operator - Michael W. Manos of DenFran Systems, Inc. was named the Franchisee of the Year in the Large Operator category for franchisees operating 10 restaurants or more
- Franchisee of the Year, Small Category - Jerry D. Fouts of J&D Restaurants, Inc. was named Franchisee of the Year in the Small Operator category for franchisees operating nine restaurants or less
- President's Guiding Principle Award - Bob Langford was awarded the President's Guiding Principle Award by president and CEO, John Miller for his outstanding commitment to the Denny's brand
- Franchise Business Leader of the Year - Steve Felson was named the Franchise Business Leader of the Year, a new award category this year
- Developer of the Year - Doug Koch and Robbie Qualls of QK, Inc. received the Developer of the Year award
- International Developer of the Year - Robert Gaglardi of Dencan Restaurants was named International Developer of the Year
- Denny's also awarded its Guiding Principles Awardsto the following five franchisees who demonstrate the core attributes of Denny's on a daily basis:
- The Guiding Principles Award for 'Guests First' was awarded to Nasir Farooqi
- The Guiding Principles Award for 'Embrace Openness' was awarded to Dawn LaFreeda
- The Guiding Principles Award for 'Proud of Our Heritage' was awarded to William G. Cox
- The Guiding Principles Award for 'Hungry to Win' was awarded to Mohammad Saleem
- The Guiding Principles Award for 'The Power of We' was awarded to Carl Ferland
"I was tremendously encouraged and inspired by the energy and passion for the Denny's brand," commented John Miller, president and chief executive officer of Denny's Corporation. "We continue to execute upon our strategy of everyday affordability and limited time offers to pique our guests' interest in the latest menu initiatives and we are driving brand awareness through our various marketing initiatives that are resonating with guests across all age groups. I would also like to extend my heartfelt appreciation to the entire Denny's team for their dedication to the success of this great American brand and offer my congratulations to all of our 2011 award winners."
Craig Barber, chairman of Denny's Franchisee Association Board added, "This year's convention celebrated the strong collaboration between the DFA, our franchise community and Denny's brand leadership and the progress that we have made in growing the brand over the past year. This year's theme, 'Capturing the Wind in our Sales' was very appropriate as we continue to gain momentum in driving traffic and guest loyalty. We look forward to further strengthening the brand's connection with consumers as we head into 2012."
About Denny's Corporation
Denny's is one of America's largest full-service family restaurant chains, currently operating more than 1,670 franchised, licensed and company-owned restaurants across the United States, Canada, Costa Rica, Mexico, Honduras, Guam, Puerto Rico and New Zealand. For further information on Denny's, including news releases, please visit the Denny's website at http://www.dennys.com.
SOURCE: Denny's Corporation
Liz Brady, 646-277-1226