Edible Arrangements Honors Top Franchisee Performers at 7th International Convention
August 20, 2012 // Franchising.com // WALLINGFORD, Conn. – Edible Arrangements founder and CEO Tariq Farid recognized top performing franchisees at the company’s seventh annual International Convention recently at the Gaylord Palms Resort in Orlando.
The company’s top awards went to:
- Reva Gartzke of Austin, Texas, who was named Edible Arrangements’ North American Franchisee of the Year. Gartzke owns four locations in Austin, Round Rock and Cedar Park.
- Nourah Al-Rossais of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, who was named International Franchisee of the Year.
- Jim Echols of Charlotte, NC, who received the prestigious WOW Award recognizing a franchisee that WOW’s customers and the corporate office on a regular basis.
- Maurice Welton of McAllen, TX, received the President’s Award, which is presented to a franchisee selected by Farid to recognize someone who is a true evangelist for the brand on a daily basis. Welton has locations in McAllen, Brownsville and Harlingen and a store coming soon to Weslaco.
- Sarah Contreras of El Paso, TX, who was named the Manager of the Year.
“It’s thanks to our amazing network of franchisees that Edible Arrangements has reached over 1000 stores around the world,” Farid said while presenting the awards. “The franchise owners honored this year consistently deliver the highest quality product, hospitality and service to guests and we are proud to recognize so many of them for their achievements.”
Recipients of Edible Arrangements’ signature “Pineapple Star” award include single-store and multi-unit operators from regions across the United States, Canada, and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Pineapple Star winners included:
- Cathleen & Robert Schneider of Catsonsville, MD, Pineapple Star Mid-Atlantic Region
- Judy & Albert Annunziata of Newburgh, NY, Pineapple Star Northeast Region
- Greg Cieslak of Mundelein, IL, Pineapple Star Midwest Region
- Jehah & Rebecca Hannoush of Lake Mary, FL, Pineapple Star Southeast Region
- Claudine Moon & Laurie Vork of Roseville, MN, Pineapple Star Central Region
- Lisa & Steven Durst of Pleasanton, CA, Pineapple Star West Region
- David Nixon & Elaine Macdonald of Ottawa, ON, Pineapple Star Canada
- Jianyi Wang & Zhigang Liu of Beijing, CN, Pineapple Star International
The chain also recognized top operators for awards ranging from customer service to the Edible Idea award, and even Vendor of the Year. Those recipients included:
- Michelle Walker & Marcy Moore of Daphne, AL, Customer Service Award.
- Robert Mignosi & Moses Zambrano of Philadelphia, PA, Best Multi-Unit Owner
- TeLena Matthews of Garden Grove, CA, Edible Idea Award
- Nicholas & Emma D’alleva of Beverly, MA, Outstanding My Store Marketing
- The Hershey Company, Vendor of the Year
- Rushi, Rita & Vijay Sukharamawala & Shreya Patel of Philadelphia, PA, Highest Sales: Under 24 Months
- Samir & Madhvi Daftary of Bellevue, WA, Highest Sales: 24-36 Months
- Thomas & James Stratford of Washington, DC, Highest Sales: 36+ Months
- Ibrahim & Hashim Choudhry of Moreno, CA, Highest Sales: Mother’s Day
- Robert Mignosi & Moses Zambrano of Philadelphia, PA, Highest Sales: Valentine’s Day
About Edible Arrangements
With over 1,100 locations open or under development worldwide, Edible Arrangements International, LLC. is the leading purveyor of delicious, high-quality, artistically designed, fresh fruit arrangements that are practical and healthy gifts and centerpieces for everyday occasions and events. Brothers Tariq and Kamran Farid developed and launched the company in 1999 in East Haven, CT, after many years in the floral industry. Edible Arrangements stores are located in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Italy, Turkey, Hong Kong, Jordan, Oman, India and China. The company has been recognized as an industry leader since its inception, including ranking first in its category in Entrepreneur Magazine’s annual “Franchise 500” for the past five years and also placing in Entrepreneur’s top 40 of “Fastest Growing Franchises” and “America’s Top Global Franchises.” Edible Arrangements was the winner of the ICSC’s 2010 Hot Retailer Award and the company has also ranked in Inc. Magazine’s top 5,000 fastest growing privately-held companies for seven consecutive years, ranked ninth on Forbes “2011 Top Franchises to Start for the Money” and was recently named one of Inc’s “10 Promising Franchises for 2011.” More information about Edible Arrangements and Edible Arrangements franchise opportunities is available at 1-888-727-4258 or online at www.eafranchise.com.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances