Papa Murphy's Ends Year with Biggest Two-Year Sales Comp Since 2007-2009
VANCOUVER, Wash. - Feb. 27, 2013 // PRNewswire // - Papa Murphy's, the world's largest take 'n' bake pizza company, continued its unparalleled growth in 2012. In addition to expanding its national footprint to over 1,325 locations, Papa Murphy's achieved 25 record sales weeks during the year. The company's two-year sales comp grew nearly nine percent; its biggest two-year sales comp since 2007-2009.
"Our customers voted Papa Murphy's as their #1 pizza in four different independent national surveys in 2012," said Ken Calwell , CEO of Papa Murphy's. "Customers today are demanding a higher level of freshness and premium quality ingredients than ever before. At Papa Murphy's, we come in extra early each morning in all of our 1,350 stores and make the pizza dough fresh, grate the 100% mozzarella cheese – the old-fashioned way, and we slice our fresh vegetables. We hand each of our customers the freshest, highest-quality pizza, for them to take home and bake, and then serve to their family hot and fresh out of their oven. No other national pizza chain invests in each of these extra steps to ensure the freshness, premium quality taste of every pizza we create and serve."
Additional highlights of 2012 include:
- Customers' 1st Choice: For the third consecutive year, customers voting in Zagat's Fast Food Survey ranked Papa Murphy's "#1 Rated Pizza Chain" in the U.S. Additionally, the chain landed on top of other national surveys by Nation's Restaurant News/WD Partners, NPD Crest and Sandelman & Associates.
- Record Sales Achievements: The weeks that included the Super Bowl and Halloween, the two biggest sales weeks in Papa Murphy's 31-year history, were reached through the superior execution and high standards of Papa Murphy's franchise owners, crew members and vendor partners.
- Brand Growth: Franchising agreements signed last year equate to more than 190 future Papa Murphy's stores. By the end of 2012, the company reached more than 550 franchise partners across 37 states and Canada. Additionally, Papa Murphy's signed a Master Franchise Agreement with MAM Foodco LLC to open 100 locations throughout the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), beginning in Dubai early this year.
- Serving Our Communities: As an American Cancer Society Relay For Life National Corporate Team, Papa Murphy's employees, franchise owners, crew members and vendor partners formed 64 relay teams nationwide and raised nearly$100,000 to save lives and create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. Additionally, as part of Papa Murphy's 2012 International Convention, more than 800 attendees joined hearts and hands to make a significant difference in the lives of four deserving Phoenix, Ariz.-area families. The company partnered with the society of St. Vincent de Paul and put smiles back on the faces of the families through home interior and exterior repairing, remodeling and decorating.
Looking forward to an even stronger year in 2013, Papa Murphy's is seeking franchisee candidates to further develop the company's national presence. Candidates must have a desire to own and operate a simple and easy-to-execute concept.
"Unlike the other national pizza chains, Papa Murphy's has no freezers, no frozen dough, no delivery and no delivery bags with re-heating elements in them. Papa Murphy's pizza is created right in front of the customer with the freshest ingredients, so it can be baked hot and bubbly in the customer's own oven and enjoyed by their family," added Calwell.
The average cost to open a Papa Murphy's is approximately $216,430 to $381,220, a lower initial investment than most chains in the quick service industry.
For information on franchise opportunities, contact Papa Murphy's Franchise Sales Department at 877-777-5062 or visit www.papamurphys.com.
About Papa Murphy's
Papa Murphy's Pizza has been named Zagat's "#1 Rated Pizza Chain" for the past three consecutive years. The company currently operates 1,350 franchised and corporate-owned take 'n' bake pizza stores in 37 states and Canada. Papa Murphy's core purpose is to bring all families together through food people love with a goal to create fun, fulfilling family dinners that are easy and high quality. In addition to handmade pizzas, the company offers a growing menu of take 'n' bake items, including salads, Cheesy Bread, Cinnamon Wheels, and chocolate chip cookie dough. For more information, visit www.papamurphys.com. Find Papa Murphy's on Facebook at www.facebook.com/papamurphyspizza.
Fishman Public Relations
SOURCE Papa Murphy's
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances