Sport Clips Haircuts Celebrates Ongoing Commitment to Nation's Heroes this Memorial Day
GEORGETOWN, Texas - May 23, 2013 // PRNewswire // - Sport Clips Haircuts, the nation's leading men's and boys' hair care provider, is stepping up its already strong commitment to the military this year. From announcing its new sponsorship of the Wounded Warriors Family Support's (WWFS) High Five Tour, to planning a new scholarship program with the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), to hiring a new Veterans Affairs Officer, the franchise continues in its mission to provide support for those who serve.
Throughout the year:
- Sport Clips provides free calls home to deployed and hospitalized U.S. service members and their loved ones through the VFW's Operation Uplink™ program. The day before Memorial Day, more than 14,000 free phone calls home by U.S. military are expected to be made possible through Sport Clips' Help A Hero campaign, which supports Operation Uplink. Since Help A Hero began in 2007, Sport Clips has donated more than $1.8 million dollars to Operation Uplink and is planning to enhance its commitment to the VFW through the development of a new scholarship program for returning veterans. Program details will be announced in the months ahead.
- Sport Clips supports veterans and active-duty military through preferential in-store pricing and discounts on franchise opportunities through the International Franchise Association's (IFA) VetFran program.
- CEO and Founder Gordon Logan , a veteran of the U.S. Air Force, serves on the VFW Foundation Board, is a member of the IFA's VetFran Committee and is Chairman of the VetFran Mentor Program.
- Sport Clips, through the company's Philanthropic Fund, will fulfill its pledge to gift donations totaling $1 million to area nonprofits – with a focus on those that support the needs of veterans and children – over the next 10 years. Recent Fund recipients include the Ride On Center for Kids and Honor Flight Austin.
Sport Clips' new Veterans Affairs Officer, Matt Deputy , USAFR, spent eight years on active duty and continues to serve as a reservist. In his new position, Deputy plays an integral role in supporting Sport Clips' military-focused partnerships, such as those with the VFW and WWFS, and serves as a liaison to veterans who are interested in Sport Clips as a franchise opportunity.
Deputy and Logan recently announced details of the hair care franchise's support for the WWFS' High Five Tour. Beginning in June, Sport Clips' in select cities will host the WWFS patriotically-wrapped 2013 Shelby Mustang GT500 along a 48-state road trip across America in an effort to raise awareness of the organization's mission. On June 17 through July 26, Sport Clips' more than 1,000 locations will also help WWFS build custom-designed "smart homes" for two severely wounded veterans by raising funds in-store.
For more information about Sport Clips Haircuts as a military friendly franchise, visit SportClips.com.
About Sport Clips Haircuts
Sport Clips Haircuts is headquartered in Georgetown, Texas and was established in 1993 by founder and CEO Gordon Logan . The sports-themed haircutting franchise, which specializes in haircuts for men and boys, is ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the top 20 "Fastest-Growing Franchises," and in the top 10 percent of the "Franchise 500." Sport Clips is the "Official Haircutter" of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), offers veterans preferential pricing on haircuts and franchises, and was named as one of the "Top Franchises for Veterans" by Franchise Business Review. Our "Help A Hero" program has raised almost $2 million to help deployed and hospitalized U.S. service members call home through the VFW's Operation Uplink. Sport Clips is a proud sponsor of Joe Gibbs Racing's NASCAR drivers Denny Hamlin and Elliott Sadler , and partners with numerous NCAA and professional sports teams. To learn more about Sport Clips, visit SportClips.com.
SOURCE Sport Clips Haircuts
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances