The Entrepreneur’s Source Explains How to Overcome Battered Career & Investor Syndrome
North America’s Leading Career and Franchise Business Coaching Company, The Entrepreneur’s Source, Explains how to Combat the No. 1 Financial Disaster Sweeping through Families Today
February 11, 2014 // Franchising.com // SOUTHBURY, Conn. - The post-recession economy has undergone the slowest recovery in 70 years, leaving almost 50 percent of U.S. households living paycheck-to-paycheck. On top of this, a majority are over-worked and underpaid as employers have been using "Job Enlargement" as the solution to accomplish the same workload with a trimmed workforce. What’s more, nearly half of middle-class workers say they are not confident that they will be able to save enough to retire comfortably.
Recognizing the beating that many of today’s professionals continue to endure, The Entrepreneur’s Source® (E-Source) is asking these individuals to combat the "Battered Career & Investor Syndrome" by taking control of their professional and personal future.
"We want people to stop settling for the ‘New Normal’," said Terry Powell, founder of The Entrepreneur’s Source, North America’s leading career and franchisee business coaching company. "We are dealing with a New Career Economy domestically and worldwide where employment conditions have forever changed. The days of long-term job security and a lifetime with one company are gone. Employers have been forced to get lean during these economic times, and the lesson they learned is that a smaller workforce can pick up the slack, and employees can do more than one job."
Many have realized that what they want from life is not going to be achieved through the uncertainty of employment, but they are unsure how to make the changes necessary to achieve the Income, Lifestyle, Wealth and Equity they and their families deserve. Powell explains four key areas of self-discovery these individuals should consider to help determine the best path that will allow them to use their skills and strengths to achieve security and success:
- Evaluate Your Opportunities: Look beyond where you are now and where you would like to be by considering what you really want from your life and what needs to happen to begin the process of transforming your frustrations into freedom, going from Employment to Empowerment®. Would you want to reach your goal of financial freedom? Would you want to find a way to focus and create the lifestyle of your dreams? Would you want to spend more time on things that matter most? Would you like to give back within your community?
- Assess Your Strengths: Maximizing and reinforcing your talents, capabilities, and skills will help bring success to your business. Make a list of your strengths to help identify opportunities that would be an ideal fit. Do you have a strong work ethic? Do you have strong community, peers, and circle of influence? Have you been successful in your career to date? Are you good at making decisions and implementing a strategy?
- Ensure You Have Clearly Defined Short- or Long-Term Goals: Establishing desired Income, Lifestyle, Wealth and Equity (ILWE) goals defines the big picture; the vista that individuals keep in front of them at all times to motivate them to do the necessary activity to get the desired results. By focusing on both short-term (Income and Lifestyle) and long-term objectives (Wealth and Equity), the ILWE creates a framework for long-term application while growing a successful business.
- Be Open to Guidance or Support from Others: We live in a hectic, complex society with no short of 20 things tugging at us at any given time. Because of this, it’s challenging to keep focused when in a self-discovery phase. In fact, of the 75 percent of individuals who have a strong desire to be self-sufficient, only a mere 5 percent actually realize their entrepreneurial potential without the help of a Coach. It’s important to create an environment where you can focus on what will have the biggest impact and allow you to find the vehicle that will achieve your goals. Enlisting a career transition coach or business coach will keep you on track and provide you with objective advice and support.
To help aspiring entrepreneurs examine the above strategies, The Entrepreneur’s Source is hosting a complimentary, educational webinar on Thursday, February 20, 2014 at noon EST. Attendees will learn how to take control of their personal and professional future through business ownership by identifying opportunities and defining their desired Income, Lifestyle, Wealth and Equity goals. Coaches will also be present to answer any questions. Registration is free at http://www.you-2-0.com/webinar/.
About The Entrepreneur’s Source®
The Entrepreneur’s Source is North America’s leading career and franchise Business Coaching Company dedicated to the entrepreneur, with more than 200 coaches in the United States and Canada. Dominating the $1.5 billion Business Coaching/Consulting franchise market in North America, the company offers a full range of services to individuals seeking alternate career options and to franchise businesses looking to increase performance. For more information about The Entrepreneur’s Source, please visit http://www.EntrepreneursSource.com/.
The Entrepreneur’s Source, New Normal and Employment to Empowerment are trademarks of TES Franchising, LLC. All rights reserved.
SOURCE The Entrepreneur’s Source®
(O) 847.945.1300, ext. 266
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Moving and Storage
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business