Home Franchise Concepts Achieves Goal, Gives $1 Million in Discounts to U.S. Veteran Entrepreneur
May 21, 2015 // Franchising.com // ORANGE, CA - Home Franchise Concepts, Inc. (HFC), parent company of Budget Blinds, Inc., Tailored Living, LLC and American Decorative Coatings, LLC is pleased to announce that the company has achieved its goal of giving $1 million in discounts to U.S. Veterans through its Million Dollar Franchise Event (MDFE) program. Through the MDFE program, HFC has welcomed 34 new Veteran business owners to its franchise network. The franchisees, who signed on through the MDFE program, represent a major growth milestone for HFC as nearly 10% of its entire franchise network is now made up of Veterans. To date, HFC has more than 1,100 franchise territories across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
“Reaching this $1 Million milestone is a celebration of the American Heroes that make up 10 percent of our franchise network,” says Chad Hallock, CEO and Co-Founder of Home Franchise Concepts. “We truly believe that our Veteran franchisees are some of the most talented, hardworking individuals out there and we couldn’t be more honored to have them in our family.”
Although the MDFE program has officially ended, Veterans interested in becoming independent business owners for one of HFC’s franchise brands will continue to receive discounts on their initial fees. A $15,000 initial fee discount will be offered to Veterans interested in purchasing a Budget Blinds franchise – the standard initial fees for the franchise are about $75,000. Veterans interested in purchasing a Tailored Living or Concrete Craft franchise will receive a $5,000 initial fee discount – the standard initial fees for these franchises are about $55,000 and $50,000, respectively.
As a separate Veterans initiative, in early 2015, HFC also launched its Troops in Transition™ program, which provides honorably discharged Veterans who have left active duty within the past two years, or who will leave within the next two years, an opportunity to own a franchise with no initial fees. Veterans eligible to participate in the Troops in Transition program will enter into a limited, six-month franchise agreement to allow the Veteran to evaluate the business as a franchisee. Throughout this evaluation period the Veteran franchisee also has the opportunity to be mentored by an existing Veteran franchisee in the HFC network. At the end of the evaluation period, and upon meeting certain eligibility criteria including sales objectives, the Veterans in the program can elect to sign on as a traditional Budget Blinds franchise owner for a 10 year period. The Troops in Transition program relieves the Veteran franchisee of the requirement to pay $75,000 in initial fees that would normally be required to become a Budget Blinds franchisee and, even better, includes financial bonuses for hitting certain sales targets.
“We worked closely with many of our existing Veteran franchisees to develop our Troops in Transition program,” says Hallock. “We are extremely thankful that these franchisees have taken the time to help educate us on what will truly make an impact in the lives of other Veterans.”
Budget Blinds would like to thank its private label manufacturing partner Springs Window Fashions for its continued support for the Troops in Transition program.
Veterans that have signed on through the MDFE program include:
- Kevin & Maria Griffin – Holladay, Utah
- Daniel & Shirley MacKay – Edmond & Norman, Okla.
- Denny Rupp & Kevin Melton – West Chester, Ohio
- Dana & Eugene Nuesca – Serving North County, Calif.
- Nevin & Shawnna Ball – Garland, Tx.
- Andrew & Maria Birge - Sandusky, Ohio
- James Bradford Akers – Little Creek, Va.
- Edward & Andrea Burns – Costa Mesa, Calif.
- Mark & Julie Byassee – Southwest Rochester, N.Y.
- Nicholas & Jessica Gervasi & Johnny & Lisa Cagno – Kernersville, N.C.
- Eugene Alexander & Victoria Cicalo – Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Cedric & Clarita Cook – Fulshear, Tx.
- Maurice Coombs - Davie, Fla.
- Thomas & Kelly Draeger – Red Wing, Minn.
- Michael & Allison Dunn – Killeen & Temple, Tx.
- Luis & Griselle Fontanez – River City, Ga.
- Bradley James Gerron – Prosper Tx.
- Richard & Roya Grimes - Lawrenceville, Ga.
- Joe & Joanna Hebert – Grand Prairie, Tx.
- William C, Bill & Jill Laird – Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Michael & Jane Larsen - Brainerd, Minn.
- Steven, Lawrence & MaeBelle Linnemeyer – Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Keith & Terry Matz – Southern Pines, N.C.
- James W. & Travis Mullins – Kansas City, Kans.
- Jamie & Benilda Moralina Montell - Littleton, Colo.
- Christopher Petty – Lexington, S.C.
- Kevin Paulson – Charlotte, N.C.
- David & Melinda Richardson – Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Shawn & Jody Smith – Arlington, Tx.
- Charles & DeAnn Strickland - La Vernia, Tx.
- Ryan Wilde, - Raleigh, N.C.
- Joel & Bailey Thode – Hutchinson, Kans.
- Kenneth & Linda Thode – South Hutchinson, Kans.
- Gary & Kirsten Zimmerman – Amherst, N.H
Those interested in learning more about HFC’s Veteran support programs can visit www.homefranchiseconcepts.com.
About Home Franchise Concepts
Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) is the parent company of Budget Blinds, Inc., Tailored Living, LLC and American Decorative Coatings, LLC d/b/a Concrete Craft™. Budget Blinds offers customers a full line of quality window coverings including shutters, shades, blinds and draperies. Tailored Living offers homeowners high quality organizational solutions for their garages, closets, pantries, family rooms, home offices and more through complimentary in-home consultations. Concrete Craft offers a variety of decorative, stained and stamped concrete options for indoor and outdoor living spaces.
Based in Orange, Calif., Home Franchise Concepts brands collectively have over 1,100 franchise territories serving nearly 7,500 cities throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. For more information on Home Franchise Concepts, visit homefranchiseconcepts.com.
SOURCE Home Franchise Concepts