The Habit Burger Grill Opens Second Location With Drive-thru In Upland
October 19, 2015 // Franchising.com // IRVINE, CA – October 13, 2015) – The Habit Restaurants, Inc. (Nasdaq: HABT), an Irvine-based restaurant company best known for its award-winning Charburgers, will open a Habit Burger Grill at 1213 W. Foothill Blvd.in Upland. The restaurant will officially open Wednesday, October 21 at 10:30 a.m., marking the second location in Upland. The Habit opened at Colonies Crossroads Shopping Center at 1071 East 19th St. in April 2014.
The public will get a preview of the popular menu during fundraisers on Sunday, October 18 and Tuesday, October 20, when The Habit will donate 100 percent of all proceeds to three local non-profits. On Sunday, October 18, The Habit will open for lunch (11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.) benefiting Foothill Family Shelter; dinner that evening (5-7 p.m.) will support the Scheu Family YMCA of Upland. At lunch on Tuesday, October 20 (11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.),Shoes That Fit will be the beneficiary.
The new Habit Burger Grill in Upland totals approximately 3,400-square-feet. It accommodates 64 inside with an additional 26 outdoor patio seats. It is one of a handful of Habit Burger Grills that features a drive-thru. Approximately 35 new jobs have been created to staff the restaurant. The company distinguishes itself in the fast casual burger segment with its signature Charburger, menu variety and value (image attached). Some Habit food facts:
- Burgers are always 100 percent fresh ground beef, not frozen
- Burgers are chargrilled over an open flame for extra flavor
- Lettuce, tomatoes and onions are cut fresh daily
- Tuna steak sandwiches are made with line caught, sushi-grade albacore
- Fresh chicken breasts are hand-filleted and marinated in-house
- Tri-tip is trimmed and marinated in-house
- Salads are fresh, made-to-order
- House-made ranch dressing is prepared fresh daily in the restaurants
- French fries, onion rings, sweet potato fries and tempura green beans are 100 percent trans-fat free, cooked in soybean oil
- Every Habit offers a complimentary condiment bar featuring an assortment of peppers, lemons, limes and a range of sauces for guests to spice it up
The Habit may be found on social media at facebook.com/habitburger, instagram.com/habitburgergrill, twitter.com/habitburger and youtube.com/habittube. For more details on the Habit Burger Grill, please visit habitburger.com.
About The Habit Restaurants, Inc.
The Habit Burger Grill is a burger-centric, fast casual restaurant concept that specializes in preparing fresh, made-to-order chargrilled burgers and sandwiches featuring USDA choice tri-tip steak, grilled chicken and sushi-grade albacore tuna cooked over an open flame. In addition, it features fresh made-to-order salads and an appealing selection of sides, shakes and malts. The Habit was named the “best tasting burger in America” in July 2014 in a comprehensive survey conducted by one of America’s leading consumer magazines. The first Habit Burger Grill opened in Santa Barbara, California in 1969 and has since grown to more than 125 restaurants in 12 markets throughout California, Arizona, Florida, Nevada, New Jersey, and Utah. More information is available at ?www.habitburger.com.
SOURCE The Habit Restaurants, Inc.
Lee Healy Marketing Communications