The Habit Burger Grill Opens In Bakersfield
Pre-Opening Fundraiser will benefit Boys & Girls Clubs of Kern County
December 10, 2015 // Franchising.com // IRVINE, CA – The Habit Restaurants, Inc. (Nasdaq: HABT), an Irvine-based restaurant company best known for its award-winning Charburgers, will open a Habit Burger Grill at 3900 California Avenue, west of Highway 99, in Bakersfield. The Habit will officially open Wednesday, December 16, at 10:30 a.m.
Habit fans will get a preview of the popular menu during a fundraiser on Sunday, December 13, from 5-7 p.m., benefiting the Boys & Girls Clubs of Kern County. The Habit will donate 100 percent of all proceeds to the non-profit. The fundraiser is open to the general public, who are encouraged to sign up for the CharClub to be the first to know about new menu items and be invited to other grand opening events (Habitburger.com/CharClub).
“An important part of the Habit’s culture is caring about the communities that we serve,” said Russ Bendel, president and chief executive officer of The Habit Restaurants, Inc. “It’s a Habit tradition to open every new restaurant with a significant fundraiser that has a local impact. We are happy to support the Boys & Girls Clubs of Kern County as part of the opening.”
The new Habit Burger Grill in Bakersfield is over 3,400-square-feet, which includes 42 seats inside and another 24 on the patio. Approximately 35 new jobs have been created to staff the restaurant. The company distinguishes itself in the fast casual burger segment with its signature Charburger, menu variety and value.
Some Habit Burger Grill food facts:
- Burgers are always 100 percent fresh ground beef, not frozen
- Burgers are chargrilled over an open flame for extra flavor
- Lettuce, tomatoes and onions are cut fresh daily
- Tuna steak sandwiches are made with line caught, sushi-grade albacore
- Fresh chicken breasts are hand-filleted and marinated in-house
- Tri-tip is trimmed and marinated in-house
- Salads are fresh, made-to-order
- House-made ranch dressing is prepared fresh daily in the restaurants
- French fries, onion rings, sweet potato fries and tempura green beans are 100 percent trans-fat free, cooked in soybean oil
- Every Habit offers a complimentary condiment bar featuring an assortment of peppers, lemons, limes and a range of sauces for guests to spice it up
The Habit may be found on social media at facebook.com/habitburger, instagram.com/habitburgergrill, twitter.com/habitburger and youtube.com/habittube. For more details on The Habit Burger Grill, please visit habitburger.com.
About The Habit Restaurants, Inc.
The Habit Burger Grill is a burger-centric, fast casual restaurant concept that specializes in preparing fresh, made-to-order chargrilled burgers and sandwiches featuring USDA choice tri-tip steak, grilled chicken and sushi-grade albacore tuna cooked over an open flame. In addition, it features fresh made-to-order salads and an appealing selection of sides, shakes and malts. The Habit was named the “best tasting burger in America” in July 2014 in a comprehensive survey conducted by one of America’s leading consumer magazines. The first Habit Burger Grill opened in Santa Barbara, California in 1969 and has since grown to more than 140 restaurants in 15 markets throughout California, Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Nevada, New Jersey, Utah, Virginia and Washington. More information is available at ?www.habitburger.com.
SOURCE The Habit Restaurants, Inc.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances