Baskin-Robbins Celebrates “Chocoholics” Nationwide With January Flavor Of The Month, Chocoholic’s Resolution
Baskin-Robbins Also Celebrates the New Year with “Celebrate 31” Promotion on January 31st Offering $1.31 Scoops and $3.31 Two-Scoop Sundaes
January 04, 2016 // Franchising.com // CANTON, Mass. – Baskin-Robbins is celebrating the New Year with a Flavor of the Month that’s perfect for chocolate lovers nationwide. The January Flavor of the Month, Chocoholic’s Resolution, is a Swiss-style chocolate ice cream with chocolate ganache cake pieces, white caramel-filled cups, and a chocolate ganache flavored ribbon. For ice cream enthusiasts resolving to eat more chocolate in 2016, Chocoholic’s Resolution can be enjoyed in a cup, cone, milkshake or as a Brownie Sundae.
To celebrate “chocoholics” nationwide, Baskin-Robbins partnered with Juliet A. Boghossian, a behavioral food expert and founder of Food-ology®, an original methodology that links food related habits to personality traits and behavioral tendencies, to identify what a chocolate lover’s favorite type of chocolate says about their personality:
- Milk Chocolate: You’re a devoted traditionalist, friendly, approachable and responsible. You crave balance, peace and consistency.
- White Chocolate: You’re a playful free spirit and tend to be the life of the party. You’re flirtatious, impulsive, generous, kind and nonjudgmental.
- Dark Chocolate: You are the determined maverick. You play hard to get and are passionate, generous, selective and mysterious. You are known for speaking your mind, for your no nonsense honesty and ability to process information quickly and for taking calculated risks.
In addition to its Flavor of the Month, Baskin-Robbins is offering guests an innovative lineup of seasonal ice cream flavors that can be enjoyed at select participating Baskin-Robbins shops nationwide throughout January, including:
- Vanilla Pomegranate Parfait Frozen Yogurt: Delicious vanilla-flavored frozen yogurt and granola clusters swirled with a pomegranate ribbon.
- Orange Sherbet: Citrus sherbet made with oranges for a delicious and refreshing taste.
- Rock ‘n Pop Swirl: Green grape-flavored sherbet, purple green-apple-flavored sherbet, and popping candy.
- Icing on the Cake®: Cake flavored ice cream with cake pieces, frosting bits, and a candy confetti ribbon.
“As we kick off the New Year, Baskin-Robbins is offering a wide variety of ice cream flavors and frozen treats to meet a range of resolutions. Guests can select from more indulgent ice cream flavors, such as our Chocoholic’s Resolution Flavor of the Month, as well as better-for-you options like our Vanilla Pomegranate Parfait Frozen Yogurt,” said Jeff Miller, Dunkin’ Brands’ Executive Chef and Vice President of Product Innovation. “We’re excited to ring in 2016 with our guests and bring back a fan favorite, Chocoholic’s Resolution, and a fun lineup of ice cream flavors that guests can enjoy all month long.”
Baskin-Robbins will also host its first “Celebrate 31” promotion of 2016 on Sunday, January 31. Throughout the year, on the 31st of each month, guests can enjoy all regular and kids scoops for just $1.31 and two-scoop sundaes for $3.31.*
Additionally, Star Wars lovers nationwide can continue to celebrate the beloved film franchise with Baskin-Robbins’ delicious ice cream cakes. Baskin-Robbins’ Star Wars: Darth Vader Cake is a classic sheet cake with blue icing, red, black and grey trim which features a collectible Darth Vader helmet decoration that makes the iconic movie villain’s infamous breathing sound. The Star Wars: The Force Awakens Cake is a classic sheet cake decorated with orange icing with black, grey and white trim which features a collectible BB8 decoration that turns from left to right locking into its base while its head spins, making for action packed fun after the party. The cake also features a raised backdrop with Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, Rey, Finn and Poe Dameron. Both cakes can be ordered either in-store or online at http://www.baskinrobbins.com/onlineordering, and are available for pick-up within 24 hours of ordering.
For more information about Baskin-Robbins’ wide variety of ice cream flavors and frozen desserts, visit www.BaskinRobbins.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/BaskinRobbins), Twitter (www.twitter.com/BaskinRobbins) or Instagram (www.instagram.com/BaskinRobbins).
* Offer valid on January 31st. Participation may vary. Sundae offer does not include Banana Royale, Banana Split, Brownie Sundae or Layered Sundaes. Scoop offer good on every size scoop. Waffle cones and toppings are extra. Cannot be combined with other offers. Plus applicable tax.
Findings based on empirical and quantitative data. Empirical research performed by behavioral food expert and Founder of Food-ology, You are HOW you Eat®, Juliet A. Boghossian, between 2002 and 2013, 200+ adult subjects, (50/50 male/female) residing in the United States. Portions of quantitative data based on two online surveys among 500 to 1,000 U.S. adults 18+ (50/50 male/female), performed in 2010 and 2013. Surveys conducted using the field services of Critical Mix. The margin of error at the 95% level of confidence is ±3.1%.
Named the top ice cream and frozen dessert franchise in the United States by Entrepreneur magazine's 36th annual Franchise 500(r) ranking in 2014, Baskin-Robbins is the world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops. Baskin-Robbins creates and markets innovative, premium hard scoop ice cream and soft serve, custom ice cream cakes and a full range of beverages, providing quality and value to consumers at more than 7,600 retail shops in nearly 50 countries. Baskin-Robbins was founded in 1945 by two ice cream enthusiasts whose passion led to the creation of more than 1,300 ice cream flavors and a wide variety of delicious treats. Headquartered in Canton, Mass., Baskin-Robbins is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For further information, visit www.BaskinRobbins.com.