Big O Tires Franchisees Convene at 2016 Annual Convention
“Get Your Motor Running” Theme Heard by All in Attendance
June 08, 2016 // Franchising.com // Palm Beach Gardens, FL – More than 700 Big O Tires franchise owners, managers, corporate Associates and suppliers recently gathered in Phoenix, AZ for the annual Big O Tires Convention.
Throughout the convention the message of Get Your Motor Running was heard loud and clear by all in attendance. Complete with franchisee panel discussions, executive presentations, keynote speaker and trade show, this year’s convention was yet another opportunity for franchisees to learn and share valuable ideas to bring back to their individual store teams and incorporate into everyday business operations.
Exceeding goals was a common theme heard throughout the meeting. Compared to 2015, retail sales, same store service sales and car count all increased.
- Retail Sales: +5.5%
- Same Store Service Sales: +6%
- Car Count: +3.1%
- Tire Units: +3.3%
At the convention, the team also celebrated the addition of new locations, a focus for Big O Tires. The team welcomed 14 new stores over the last year and six new franchisees who were excited about the opportunity to meet fellow franchisees at the meeting.
This year’s keynote speaker, Eric Chester, author and founder of The Center for Work Ethic Development, inspired attendees to revisit their foundations and focus on what matters most in their individual workplace – culture, work ethic, engagement – all of which point back to people.
As is customary at the annual Big O Tires convention, all attendees had the opportunity to pay tribute to the importance of educating future generations through the Big O Tires Scholarship Fund. This year, more than $72,000 was raised from participants at the event; yet another increase compared to last year when nearly $50,000 was raised.
Not only was the importance of education recognized at the convention, but also the importance of hard work and a drive to win. During the awards ceremony, that hard work and dedication was recognized.
The following awards represent a sampling of what was presented to the “Best of the Best” at Big O Tires:
- Point Of Light Award went to Ed Anderson, 30 year owner of Big O Tires in Lafayette, CA. The Point of Light Award recognizes extraordinary franchisees that have contributed to the Big O organization with their knowledge, expertise, and dedication.
- Standing “O” Awards - Each year at the convention, Big O recognizes franchisees and corporate Associates for going above and beyond to support Big O whether it is serving on committees, helping fellow franchisees and team members, or providing outstanding customer service. This year’s winners include: Mick Alley, store owner in Boise, ID; Rusty Coats, Vice President of Operations of MFA Oil, owners of 15 Big O Tires stores in Missouri and Arkansas; Kevin Shuttic, vice president of Sharp Advertising in Phoenix, AZ; Kristen Wagner, paralegal at TBC Corporation; Troy Sturdivant, Merchandising Analyst at TBC Corporation; and David Lynch, Franchise Business Consultant for the Northern California region.
- Platinum Performer Award was presented to Tom Huls of Yucca Valley, CA, for his commitment to exceeding expectations in everything that he does and his recognition as a Platinum Performer by Tire Review Magazine.
- Hall of Fame Inductee – Bryan Edwards, who began his career at a Big O Tires store in Orem, UT in the 1970s, and who, for the last 15 years, has owned the Redding, CA store with his brothers, Jay and Ken, was inducted into Big O’s Hall of FameHall of Fame.Hall of Fame. Bryan has been a valued contributor to the Big O organization over the years, has participated in many national and local franchise committees, and has served as Chair of Big O’s Franchise Advisory Council for the last six years.
“Throughout the past few years the Big O Tires team has done a great job navigating the industry and staying ahead of trends in many areas of the business – marketing, product, operations – and it has positively impacted where we are today,” said Kevin Kormondy, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Big O Tires. “We are ahead of the curve with exceptional numbers to support our industry position, and we will continue our hard work in partnership with franchisees to keep us moving in the right direction.”
About Big O Tires, LLC
Big O Tires, LLC has 389 franchisee-owned and 2 company-owned stores primarily located in the Western and Midwestern United States. It also distributes tires and other automotive service products to Associate Dealers in Western Canada. It is a subsidiary of TBC Corporation. For more information, visit BigOTires.com.
SOURCE Big O Tires, LLC
561-383-3000, Ext. 2527
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances