Edible Arrangements Recognizes Top Franchisees at Las Vegas Convention
September 08, 2016 // Franchising.com // WALLINGFORD, Conn. - Dallas franchisee Tariq Ahmed was named Edible Arrangements® Franchisee of the Year while Weeda Ulomi of Brooklyn, NY, was recognized as the Rookie of the Year, and Ibrahim and Hashim Choudhry of Irvine, CA received the Chairman’s Award as Edible Arrangements® founder and CEO Tariq Farid joined President Rob Price in recognizing top performing franchisees during the company’s recent convention in Las Vegas.
Selected by Farid himself, Ahmed was awarded Franchisee of the Year for his excellence in operating six locations. Farid noted that Ahmed serves as a leader within the franchise system, maintaining a positive attitude with a mission to WOW every customer.
Ulomi, who operates four locations, received the Rookie of the Year award given to a franchisee that has been operating a location for six to eighteen months. Ulomi earned the honor for a consistently positive attitude, high standards of customer service and a model of aggressive marketing.
As selected by President Rob Price, Ibrahim and Hashim Choudhry were recognized with the Chairman’s Award for the outstanding performance of their nine stores and for delivering on the Edible Arrangements® goal to service everyone, every day, everywhere. Price noted that they also are consistently a top performer, offer superior customer service and execute operational excellence.
“The growth and success Edible Arrangements® has experienced over the years is a great testament to the dedicated and passionate franchise partners we have,” said Price. “Every year I am amazed to see how our partners manage to build upon their accomplishments and excel with guest services while continuing to wow our customers. It’s always a very hard decision to name award winners when there are so many great candidates in each category.”
Edible Arrangements® also recognized top franchise operators with awards for categories ranging from marketing to guest services to sales performance. Recipients for those awards include:
- Customer Service Award – Mike Mabery of Roanoke, VA
- Best Multi-Unit Owner – Jennifer Palma of Naples, FL
- Delivery Ambassador Award – Shirley McCallister of Lapeer, MI
- Edible® for Business All Star — Jason Barach of Huntington, NY
- Edible To Go® Award – Edward & Michelle Allen of Garner, NC
- Innovator Award – Laverna Alexander of Ft. Bragg, NC
- Manager of the Year – Lindsay Richmond of Providence, RI
- Outstanding My Store Marketing – Tricia Ridgway-Kaputska of Gainesville, FL
- Highest Sales Under 24 Months – Usama Chaudhry of Albany, NY
- Highest Sales 24-36 Months -- Robert Mignosi of Philadelphia, PA
- Highest Sales 36+ Months – Farshad Rouhani of Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Highest Sales Mother’s Day – Ibrahim Choudhry of Moreno Valley, CA
- Highest Sales Valentine’s Day – Monroe Brooks, Jr of Memphis, TN
Also presented were the signature Pineapple Star awards recognizing single-store and multi-unit operators from regions across the United States and internationally. Pineapple Star winners included:
- Canada – Shelley & Richard Lloyd of Edmonton, AB
- Central – Ron & Cecilia Bolar of Fort Worth, TX
- Mid Atlantic – CarolAnn Hinds of Midolthian, VA
- Midwest – Claudine Moon of Roseville, MN
- Northeast – Robin Longo of Manchester, NH
- Southeast – James Echols of Charlotte, NC
- West – Thomas & Cynthia Craig of Vancouver, WA
About Edible Arrangements
With more than 1,300 franchise locations open or under development worldwide, Edible Arrangements International, LLC is the world's largest franchisor of shops offering creatively designed fresh cut fruit arrangements. Select Edible Arrangements locations also carry the company's rapidly expanding Edible To Go® line which features all-natural, fresh fruit smoothies, Dipped Fruit™, fresh squeezed lemonade and orange juice, and fresh fruit salads, sundaes and parfaits and treats. Since its founding in 1999 in East Haven, Conn., the company has been recognized as an industry leader, ranking first in its category in Entrepreneur magazine's annual "Franchise 500," Entrepreneur's Top 40 of "Fastest Growing Franchises" and "America's Top Global Franchises" as well as being included for eight consecutive years among the "Inc. 5000" list of the fastest growing privately-held companies. Edible Arrangements fresh fruit arrangements, chocolate Dipped Fruit™, Fresh Fruit Smoothies and others can be enjoyed at franchise locations worldwide. Gifts can be ordered online at www.edible.com and by telephone at 1-877-DO-FRUIT®.
SOURCE Edible Arrangements