Celebrate a Healthy New Year With Salata
Popular salad bar concept now a Healthy Dining restaurant partner.
January 30, 2017 // Franchising.com // SAN ANTONIO, TX - Salata - the next generation salad bar - has been selected by Healthy Dining’s registered dietitians to be featured on HealthyDiningFinder.com.
Salata is renowned for its healthy, fresh and simple menu. The vegetables and fruits are chopped daily and the protein selection is fresh and lean. All of the dressings, soups and sauces are house-made and gluten-free. With over 50 pure ingredients to choose from, Salata is making it easy to stay healthy and on track all year long.
“Salata’s next generation salad bar concept allows the customer to load up on an array of veggies,” said Kathleen Papandrea, RD and culinary dietitian at Healthy Dining. “Vegetables add vitamins and phytochemicals to your meal; their fiber helps to fill you up, and they add great flavor!”
A Kids LiveWell menu is available for the kiddos, so everyone can stay on track in 2017. With their famous “eat good, look good, feel good” mantra, Salata’s main focus is to encourage healthy eating habits for people of all ages.
“We are pleased to be selected as a Healthy Dining restaurant partner,” said Salata Founder & CEO Berge Simonian. “Salata fits perfectly with Healthy Dining’s mission to help people dine out while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We look forward to providing our guests with convenient, affordable and delicious ways to keep their New Year’s resolutions of eating healthy.”
Here are a just a few ways Healthy Dining’s dietitians recommend enjoying the wide array of Salata’s menu options, as featured on HealthyDiningFinder.com:
Custom Small Salads:
- Option 1 – Suggested salad combination with spring mix, apples, strawberries, blue cheese, walnuts and balsamic vinaigrette. (480 calories, 14 grams carbohydrates, 8 grams protein) Analysis does not include customer’s choice of bread served on the side.
- Option 2 – Suggested salad combination with romaine hearts, carrots, bean sprouts, cilantro, almonds, Asian BBQ chicken and ginger lime dressing. (500 calories, 23 grams carbohydrates, 18 grams protein) Analysis does not include customer’s choice of bread served on the side or choice of salad dressing.
- Custom Wrap – Suggested wrap combination with romaine hearts, bell peppers, black beans, red onion, mandarin oranges, cilantro, shrimp and fat-free mango dressing in a whole wheat tortilla. Pita chips served on the side included in analysis. (620 calories, 89 grams carbohydrates, 29 grams protein)
- Kids Box – Suggested combination with herb marinated chicken, pasta, carrots, broccoli, and grapes. Multigrain roll, fat-free mango dressing, and 100% apple juice included as customer's choice of bread, dressing and beverage. (500 calories, 92 grams carbohydrates, 26 grams protein)
For a complete list of participating Healthy Dining restaurants nationwide, visit HealthyDiningFinder.com.
About Healthy Dining
It is Healthy Dining’s passion to contribute to a healthier America – in a delicious way! Healthy Dining’s signature web and mobile site, HealthyDiningFinder.com, is the only search engine and inspirational source of its kind providing personalized dining-out recommendations validated by Healthy Dining’s team of registered dietitians. HealthyDiningFinder.com enables millions of diet- and nutrition-conscious restaurant diners as well as those dealing with diabetes, high blood pressure, and other conditions to easily find Healthy Dining choices served at restaurants coast to coast. HealthyDiningFinder.com also features a Kids LiveWell platform, a program developed in partnership with the National Restaurant Association to help parents find restaurants offering healthier fare for children.
Founded in 2005, Houston-based Salata is a fast-growing salad chain with more than 50 corporate-owned and franchise locations in Texas, Illinois and Southern California. Serving fully customizable salad and salad wraps made from a selection of more than 50 fresh, pure ingredients, Salata is the only salad concept that is gluten-free certified and completely customizable. Guests choose from an array of lettuces, vegetables, fruits, cheeses, seeds, nuts, chicken, seafood and vegan proteins, and all of Salata’s dressings, soups and sauces are house-made and preservative-free. Freshly made soups, breads, desserts and signature teas and lemonades round out the menu. Ranked among the fastest-growing small chains in the U.S. by Restaurant Business, Salata plans to open 10 additional restaurants in 2017. For more information, visit salata.com or facebook.com/salatasalads.
Founder & Principal
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances