Franchise Growth, Stylist Opportunities, Philanthropies And Awards "Excite" At Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle
May 04, 2017 // Franchising.com // LAS VEGAS - "Excitement" was the message for Sport Clips Haircuts at its recent National Huddle. Founder and CEO Gordon Logan and President Mark Kartarik shared exciting news about franchise growth, stylist career opportunities and support for multiple charities across the country. Highlights include:
- Sport Clips opened 136 stores in 2016 with plans to open 150 in 2017.
- This was the first year for Sport Clips to break into the "Top 10" of the widely-recognized Entrepreneur Franchise 500 rankings.
- Logan was named Entrepreneur of the Year by the International Franchise Association.
The company's focus on recruitment and retention of professional stylists supports more than 16,000 team members in all 50 states.
- Sport Clips franchise locations are contributors to local economies with system-wide same store sales increases of seven percent in 2016 over 2015.
- Sport Clips' "Haircuts with Heart" philanthropic outreach continues to grow through national partnerships with the Veterans of Foreign Wars Foundation, St. Baldrick's Foundation, American Red Cross, and Ageless Aviation Dreams Foundation, along with numerous additional national, regional and local charitable support. A record-breaking $1M contribution was made by Sport Clips and its clients and product partners to its signature VFW Help A Hero Scholarship program this past year benefiting veterans transitioning from the military to civilian careers.
- The year also marked a milestone of $1M awarded to Sport Clips team members in times of need through the company's Wayne McGlone Memorial Relief Fund, initiated in 2012 in memory of a highly respected Sport Clips area developer.
"I believe the secret of our success has been both the right concept well executed, and very importantly, our values of 'doing the right thing, doing our best and treating people the way they want to be treated,'" Logan says. “When we started Sport Clips, we developed well-documented systems and built a strong support team before we awarded our first franchise in 1995. The result is more than 20 years of solid growth, a system with over 1,600 locations and a continuity rate that exceeds 99 percent. Today, we are the only haircare concept active in all 50 states, and we have a growing international operation north of the border in five Canadian provinces.
"We are proud to have helped hundreds of franchisees become local business owners and employers providing meaningful careers to thousands. It's been a great 24 years for Sport Clips, and we're excited about the winning future we see ahead for our clients, franchisees, stylists and team members."
Top award winners recognized at the Sport Clips National Huddle include:
- Area Developer of the Year - Eric, Rosemary and EJ Gozur and Ashley Gozur Jordan (Rock Hill, SC)
- Area Manager of the Year - Brooke Nabity (Phoenix, AZ)
- Team Leader of the Year - Jeremy & Lori Aydell (Gonzales, Louisiana)
- Coach of the Year - Ashlee Merriweather (Springfield, Missouri)
- Logan Trophy - Dan & Angie Roberts (Omaha, Nebraska)
Guests at the annual gathering included authors and speakers Tim Storey; Chris Heeter; Jen Planck; Robert Cromeans, John Paul Mitchell Systems; Danny "Success Addict" Amorim and Mike "Sharrpp" Walker of GIBS Grooming; and the Sport Clips Artistic Team along with Creative Director and Platform Artist Julian Perlingiero.
About Sport Clips Haircuts
Sport Clips Haircuts is headquartered in Georgetown, Texas. It was established in 1993 and began franchising in 1995. The sports-themed haircutting franchise, which specializes in haircuts for men and boys, is ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the “Fastest-Growing Franchises” and in the top 10 in its “Franchise 500.” There are more than 1,600 Sport Clips stores open in the U.S. and Canada. Sport Clips is the “Official Haircutter” of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), offers veterans preferential pricing on haircuts and franchises, and was named a “2016 Best for Vets: Franchises” by Military Times. Sport Clips provides “haircuts with heart” through its annual Help A Hero fundraiser that has given $5 million to the VFW; national partnership with St. Baldrick’s Foundation, the largest private funder of childhood cancer research grants; and other national and local philanthropic outreach. Sport Clips is a proud sponsor of Joe Gibbs Racing’s NASCAR driver Denny Hamlin and Furniture Row Racing’s Erik Jones and partners with numerous NCAA and professional sports teams. To learn more about Sport Clips, visit sportclips.com.
Dana Dussing Berry
Senior Account Manager
SOURCE Sport Clips Haircuts
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances