Unique Ingredients and Gourmet Flavors Shake Up Russo’s New York Pizzeria’s Summer Menu
Chef Anthony Russo Introduces New Menu Items, Focuses on Traditional Favorites and Shares the Art of Authentic Italian Cuisine
July 12, 2018 // Franchising.com // HOUSTON - “If it isn’t fresh, don’t serve it!” - that’s the Russo’s New York Pizzeria promise. The brand’s commitment to fresh, made-from-scratch food is the driving force behind its recently introduced menu items, which burst with new and exceptional flavors.
Chef Anthony Russo, founder and CEO of Russo’s New York Pizzeria and the brand’s creative culinary mind, announced today the introduction of several creative new menu items. These new Italian inspired dishes blend generations of Russo family recipes with fresh, seasonal ingredients. Russo’s New York Pizzeria uses only the highest-quality and authentic ingredients. The restaurant imports Pecorino Romano cheese from Emilia Romagna, Italy, aged-balsamic vinegar from a centuries-old vineyard in Italy, and, extra virgin olive oil from Partanna, Italy. The restaurant’s new menu items build on that commitment to authenticity.
“High-quality, authentic ingredients are the key to making sensational food - and if that requires going the extra mile and sourcing items from around the world, we do it,” said Chef Russo. “The new dishes on our menu, which include 100-year-old family recipes, feature nutrient-rich ingredients that focus on authentic favorites with a healthy twist. We’re excited to bring these fresh flavors to our loyal following. The new items will complement our existing dishes perfectly.”
Russo’s New York Pizzeria - which offers dine-in, takeout, delivery, and catering - is passionate about menu innovation. The new appetizer, salad, signature entrée and five pizzas are perfectly crafted to showcase fresh, high-quality ingredients, highlighting Chef Russo’s commitment to imaginative new tastes.
- Cauliflower Fritti - Fresh cauliflower, lightly fried with Italian seasoning, served with Russo’s pomodoro sauce
- Chicken Avocado Salad - Grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, sliced avocado, arugula, kalamata olives, Roma tomatoes, feta cheese, cucumber and pepperoncini served with honey mustard dressing
- Sicilian Trio - Russo’s lasagna, fettuccine and alfredo and handmade gnocchi pesto
- Cauliflower Pizza - Roasted cauliflower, smoked pancetta ham, Italian sausage, Portabella mushrooms, mozzarella cheese and Sicilian extra virgin olive oil garlic sauce
- Pizza Villagio - Grilled chicken, Portabella mushrooms, arugula, mozzarella, Kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, Gorgonzola cheese and Sicilian extra virgin olive oil garlic sauce
- Bianca Pizza - Buffalo mozzarella, prosciutto di Parma, fresh arugula, mozzarella cheese and Sicilian extra virgin olive oil garlic sauce
- Prosciutto & Fig Pizza - Prosciutto di Parma, arugula, basil, fig spread, Sicilian extra virgin olive oil, mozzarella and balsamic glaze
- Truffle Mushroom Pizza - Fresh Portabella mushrooms, mozzarella cheese and truffle olive oil sauce, topped with fresh arugula
The new chef-driven menu items are now on display at NYPizzeria.com.
“We are committed to staying ahead of dining trends,” said Chef Russo. “It’s a joy to be able to create new dishes and pizza varieties for our life-long fans.”
In 1978, his family opened its first Russo’s restaurant, and the brand’s commitment to quality has been second-to-none for more than 40 years. Russo’s New York Pizzeria uses only all-natural flour and hand rolls and proofs its dough daily in its restaurants.
Russo’s New York Pizzeria and its traditional Italian recipes trace their origins to a tight-knit family where the kitchen was the center of activity. The restaurant is renowned for its show-stopping classics, such as homemade lasagna, authentic New York-style pizza, handcrafted alfredo, marinara, marsala and pesto sauces, pasta a la vodka, eggplant parmesan and pasta di mare.
Russo’s Restaurants offers a rare franchise opportunity for entrepreneurs interested in an established brand that is entirely chef-created, chef-inspired and chef-driven. Russo’s New York Pizzeria is the only authentic New York-style, Italian restaurant and pizzeria franchise concept.
About Russo’s Restaurants
Russo’s Restaurants is a national and international franchisor of the casual dining brand Russo’s New York Pizzeria. Based in Houston, Russo’s Restaurants is composed of a mix of corporate and franchised locations across Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Florida. Russo’s has entered international markets as well, with locations in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah, in the United Arab Emirates. Chef Anthony Russo created Russo’s Restaurants by applying his unique, family recipes featuring New York-style pizza, handcrafted pasta dishes, calzones, salads, sandwiches, soups and desserts. At its heart, Russo’s Restaurants reflects Chef Anthony’s commitment to his New York roots where food and family come first.
SOURCE Russo’s Restaurants