World Gym Athletics Expands Globally
#FitnessTruth Will Grow to 30 Locations by 2019
August 21, 2018 // Franchising.com // Los Angeles, California - World Gym International, the iconic global brand of seriously fun fitness, is continuing to grow World Gym Athletics with new programming and more locations in the United States and around the world. World Gym Athletics is an exclusive, studio-style, small group training program that combines the best of HIIT, Olympic lifting and functional training.
Since launching last year, World Gym Athletics has hosted 10 certifications attended by over 400 coaches from around the United States. There are currently 13 World Gym locations in the United States with World Gym Athletics programs. By the end of next year, World Gym expects to have more than 30 World Gym Athletics programs running in the United States, Canada, Brazil and Australia. World Gym Athletics will also have its first standalone studio location next year.
World Gym Athletics is a flexible program that can be adapted to most spaces in a variety of formats and configurations depending on the existing space and demographics. World Gym Athletics creates an opportunity for gym owners to create a new top-tier membership. Every World Gym that has introduced World Gym Athletics has seen an increase in its average membership rate, membership retention, personal training revenue, and Pro Shop revenue. World Gym Athletics reduces membership churn by creating a loyal membership base.
“World Gym Athletics has been the most transformative program in our more than 40-year history. Owners see their whole gym improve operationally, culturally and financially once they launch World Gym Athletics,” said Doug Katona, Chief Operations Officer & Director of Training & Education for World Gym International. “Once they experience #FitnessTruth, Coaches, athletes, and owners immediately embrace it.”
Driven by its #FitnessTruth mantra, World Gym Athletics is the most complete, balanced, inspirational, and fun training program available anywhere. Built to be a complete system for personal and group training, members get the most out of their workouts with safe, intense, and balanced sessions. Coaches treat World Gym Athletics members as athletes who train instead of just members that work out. Athletes will increase speed, power, stamina, athleticism, fitness, and overall health.
Coaches for the World Gym Athletics program start by attending an intensive 2-day accredited certification, which can be done onsite at their gym, along with ongoing monthly continuing education. The certifications are only valid for one year and then the coaches must be recertified. Coaches receive ongoing fitness programming and regular updates to their Coaching Manual with education materials throughout the year, including a robust video training program. World Gym Athletics also includes business, marketing and financial training to make sure that the program is successful. The signature 2-day certification includes the core signature programs of World Gym Athletics, including:
- Foundations - The entry classes to ensure that every athlete feels safe, confident and prepared. Foundations teaches athletes how to move efficiently and safely and welcomes them to the World Gym Athletics family.
- Performance - The signature daily session is carefully programmed to ensure a well-balanced training program. The comprehensive training matrix ensures that athletes get all-over strong and lean. Athletes are ready to lift a barbell, jump on a box, do some pull-ups, push themselves and have a lot of fun doing it. Coached with skill and technique before adding intensity and weight, the science- based programming helps Athletes progress.
- HIIT Camp - Fast-paced, fun and challenging, this high intensity interval training camp uses body weight, kettle bells, medicine balls, jump ropes, dumbbells and more. Blasting all muscle groups, athletes burn mega calories and get head-to-toe strong and lean.
- PACE - The ultimate treadmill workout to burn more calories in less time. Heart-pounding music inspires athletes through treadmill intervals as a team. Coaches guide athletes to improve form to run faster, more efficiently and injury free.
Over the next year, World Gym Athletics will be adding new signature programs, including:
- One Barbell - A 30-minute class designed to get Athletes all-over strong. Each class includes 10 minutes of prep, skill and technique, and 20 minutes of all-out, fast-paced barbell and bodyweight movements. One Barbell is perfect for athletes who want a fun, complete, full-body workout in just 30 minutes.
- Row-IT - The ultimate rowing workout that brings interval training and intensity to the rower.
- SMASH - A 30-minute mobility session designed to give athletes the range of motion and flexibility they need to improve their overall strength and conditioning.
World Gym Athletics will host the first certification for One Barbell at the annual World Gym Convention in Las Vegas. Coaches and gym owners looking to get certified can register at WorldGymConvention.com/One-Barbell.
World Gym Athletics is currently only deployed at select full-service World Gym locations, however the program was designed for any gym owner and stand-alone studios. The first World Gym Athletics stand-alone World Gym Athletics studio is planned to open in Canada early next year.
Created as a stand-alone, yet complimentary brand, World Gym Athletics has a comprehensive marketing tool-kit available to help gym owners launch, promote and sustain their program, ranging from promotional videos, to signage to advertising, social media assets and more. Learn more about World Gym Athletics by watching this video.
Coaches, gym owners and prospective gym owners interested in World Gym Athletics can request more information at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on World Gym International, please visit worldgym.com or follow @worldgymglobal and #FitnessTruth on social media.
About World Gym International
The iconic World Gym brand was founded in 1976 by Joe Gold during the glory days of “Muscle Beach” in Santa Monica, CA when serious fitness collided with the world of Hollywood celebrities. Since then, World Gym has evolved into an internationally recognized brand that has captured the imagination of fitness enthusiasts around the globe. World Gym is dedicated to creating a network of ultimate workout destinations everywhere. With its headquarters located in southern California, World Gym currently has over 200 locations in 22 countries and territories, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Costa Rica, Egypt, El Salvador, Germany, Guatemala, Hong Kong, India, Lebanon, Macao, Mexico, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Taiwan, the UK, and the United States. To learn more about World Gym and franchise opportunities with this storied brand, please visit worldgym.com.
Dog And A Duck
SOURCE World Gym International
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances