Jersey Mike’s Honors Top Team Members
October 05, 2018 // Franchising.com // MANASQUAN, N.J. - Jersey Mike’s Subs, known for its authentic fresh sliced/fresh grilled subs, recognized exemplary team members at its recent National Conference in Orlando. More than 1,500 franchise owners, managers and others gathered to celebrate the company's 62-year history, while gaining inspiration and education.
“We never forget where we started from with one small store at the Jersey Shore,” said Jersey Mike’s Founder and CEO Peter Cancro, who bought his first sub shop at age 17. “We are here with close to 1,500 locations across the country because of our tremendous franchise owners, operators and other team members. Every day we strive to improve by raising everyone up together: our people, business and community - it’s one of our keys to success together.”
Cancro presented awards, including the following:
- Manager of the Year - Greg Mazzuca. Mazzuca, 31, started working for Jersey Mike’s in 2010. He manages the Jersey Mike’s in Hagerstown, Md., owned by Beth and Pat Provost, who nominated him. Mazzuca was awarded a franchise of his own.
- The Rookie - Jim Denburg. Denburg may be a rookie at Jersey Mike’s, but he is a veteran restaurant operator who spent 20 years as a Domino’s Pizza franchisee. Denburg opened his first Jersey Mike’s in Uniondale, NY in 2017. He also owns one in Carle Place, NY with one coming to Garden City Park, NY in 2019.
- Multi-Unit Operators of the Year - Kristie and Matt Patterson. Jersey Mike’s franchisees since 2012, the Pattersons now own seven locations in the Central Pennsylvania area.
- President’s Award - Larry Rover. Rover joined the company in 2009 at age 48 as a company store manager. He later became an area director overseeing markets in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Rover quickly moved from managing one restaurant to 40 in the area. Additionally, he and family own five locations themselves, with one coming soon.
- Franchisees of the Year - John Helm and Matt Catania. Helm and Catania started with Jersey Mike’s in 2005. Hailing from Jersey Mike’s hometown of Point Pleasant Beach, N.J., the long-time friends (they met in 9th grade playing high school basketball) and business owners have grown in the past 13 years to 20 locations in South and North Jersey.
About Jersey Mike’s
Jersey Mike’s, a fast-casual sub sandwich franchise with more than 1,500 locations open and under development nationwide, believes that making a sub sandwich and making a difference can be one and the same. Since 1956, this has been the driving force at Jersey Mike’s — serving customers, teams, and franchisees. The company’s commitment to excellence is what makes Jersey Mike’s a great franchise opportunity. From day one, Jersey Mike’s works with franchisees to ensure the best possible location, training, marketing, and ongoing coaching and support. Jersey Mike’s currently is seeking single- and multi-unit operators who have a unique passion for the business, giving to others, and bringing energy to people’s lives to help grow the fast-casual sandwich concept throughout the nation. For more information about available franchise opportunities, visit: www.jerseymikes.com/franchise or call 732-292-8272.
Other information can be found at: www.jerseymikes.com. Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/jerseymikes) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/jerseymikes).
Splash Communications, LLC
O: (603) 893-1707
M: (917) 838-4500
SOURCE Jersey Mike’s