Bottling Joe and Joy: Harpoon Brewery and Dunkin’ Launch New Coffee and Donut-Infused Beers for Fall
New Pumpkin Spiced Latte Ale, Boston Kreme Stout, and Jelly Donut IPA join fan-favorite Coffee Porter, marking the biggest collaboration yet between the two iconic beverage brands
August 28, 2020 // Franchising.com // Boston, MA and Canton, MA - Harpoon Brewery and Dunkin’ are at it again, launching a series of new coffee and - for the first time - donut-infused beers for fall. A trio of new beers, Harpoon Dunkin’ Pumpkin Spiced Latte Ale, Boston Kreme Stout, and Jelly Donut IPA, join Harpoon Dunkin’ Coffee Porter on shelves this September and mark the first time beers have been brewed with actual donuts from Dunkin’.
After the extremely positive reaction the Harpoon Dunkin’ Coffee Porter received from fans for two consecutive seasons, the brewers at Harpoon took it a step further to see what would happen if they brewed a beer made with Dunkin’s famous donuts, creating a new lineup that celebrates classic fall coffee and donut flavors:
- Harpoon Dunkin’ Pumpkin | Inspired by everyone’s favorite fall pumpkin latte, this “Spiced Latte Ale” is brewed with real pumpkin, pumpkin pie spices, and a splash of coffee. Light in color and easy-drinking, it’s a perfect blend of all the autumn flavors we love, with just a touch of espresso-like roast! ABV: 5.2%
- Harpoon Dunkin’ Boston Kreme | This “Boston Kreme Stout” is brewed with real Dunkin’ donuts and cacao nibs, which add extra dough-like and chocolatey notes to an easy-drinking, creamy Dry Irish Stout. ABV: 4.3%
- Harpoon Dunkin’ Jelly Donut | Brewed with real Dunkin’ donuts and raspberry purée, this slightly hazy IPA has bright notes of jelly and citrus from the addition of fruit-forward Hüll Melon and Citra hops. ABV: 5.7%
- Harpoon Dunkin’ Coffee Porter | Harpoon’s first ever tribute to the Dunkin’ coffee that has helped keep Harpoon brewers running, this classic American Porter combines malty notes of chocolate, caramel, and toffee with the comforting and familiar flavor of Dunkin’ Original Blend coffee. ABV: 6.0%
“We’re excited to elevate our collaboration with Harpoon this fall with the introduction of Harpoon Dunkin’ Pumpkin beer and the first ever Harpoon beer made with real Dunkin’ donuts,” said Brian Gilbert, Vice President of Retail Business Development at Dunkin’. “We have no doubt the new donut brews, along with the rest of this new fall lineup, will bring the same moments of sweetness and smiles our coffee and donuts have created for 70 years.”
“After more than two years and three seasons of collaborating with the Dunkin’ team, our fans have come to expect a delicious fall beer from us, but we wanted to give them something extra special this year,” said Dan Kenary, Harpoon CEO and co-founder. “Our brewers have always been master innovators, but brewing beer made with real donuts was a first even for them. It’s hard to pick a favorite of the four recipes – just like it’s hard to pick a favorite donut from Dunkin’ – but we hope both our and Dunkin’s fans have a blast trying.”
Harpoon Dunkin’ Pumpkin will be available on draft and in bottled 6-packs as well as in the new Harpoon Dunkin’ Dozen mix pack, which features 3 cans of each seasonal beer flavor. These limited releases will be available everywhere Harpoon is sold beginning in September.
To find them all near you, check out the Harpoon beer finder: https://www.harpoonbrewery.com/beer-finder/.
About the Harpoon Brewery
The Harpoon Brewery was founded in 1986 by beer lovers who wanted more and better beer options. When the Brewery was founded, Harpoon was issued Brewing Permit #001 by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, since it was the first to brew commercially in Boston after a dormant period of about 25 years. Since then, it has expanded to a second brewery in Windsor, VT. Harpoon’s line of craft beer features its award-winning IPA and seasonal beers, along with special limited releases. In 2014, Harpoon became an employee-owned company.
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced regular/decaf/flavored coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' has earned a No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for 14 years running. The company has more than 13,100 restaurants in 41 countries worldwide. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances