SONIC Limeades For Learning Giving Initiative Reaches $20 Million Donation Milestone
November 16, 2021 // Franchising.com // Through the Limeades for Learning initiative, SONIC® Drive-In, in partnership with education nonprofit DonorsChoose, is able to provide essential funds needed for learning materials and innovative teaching techniques to inspire creativity in public schools across the country. SONIC donates to public school teacher requests multiple times throughout the school year: during the annual Fall Voting campaign; during Teacher Appreciation Month in May and other special funding events year-round.
Last month, the 13th annual Limeades for Learning Fall Voting Campaign concluded, during which SONIC reached a notable milestone of $20 million in funding since the initiative began in 2009. To date, the national program has funded more than 68 thousand project requests, supporting over 36 thousand public school teachers and benefitting more than 2 million students.
“Sonic has been a longtime supporter of education. For more than a decade, we have been committed to helping teachers gain access to essential learning materials,” said Lori Abou Habib, chief marketing officer of SONIC Drive-In. “Through Limeades for Learning and our partnership with DonorsChoose, we’ve been able to make a meaningful impact in schools across the country, all thanks to our SONIC guests, who support this initiative each time they visit their local drive-in.”
Recent classroom projects funded through Limeades for Learning include:
- From San Diego, CA, Vista Grande Elementary School for the project, “STEAMing Up Our STEAM Lab Supplies Again,” submitted by Kimberly Allard
- From Mount Vernon, TX, Mount Vernon Middle School for the project, “Weathering, Erosion, and Deposition – PART 2,” submitted by Keri Barnes
- From Englewood, CO, Colorado SKIES Academy for the project, “That Is Music To My Ears,” submitted by Christen Owen
“SONIC Drive-In has provided essential supplies that help hundreds of students flourish and empower their teachers during this unpredictable school year,” said Charles Best, CEO and founder of DonorsChoose. “We’re celebrating SONIC’s milestone of donating $20 million over the past 13 years through DonorsChoose. Because of their ongoing partnership, classroom visions have come true for teachers in every state in our nation.”
SONIC’s support for teachers takes place all-year long and now in the form of an extra special rewards program exclusively for educators called the SONIC Teachers’ Circle. By joining, teachers will receive exclusive rewards redeemable when placing an order online on the SONIC website or in the SONIC App*
To view the full list of public school teacher projects funded through Limeades for Learning, visit LimeadesforLearning.com.
* Teachers interested in joining SONIC Teachers’ Circle are invited to verify their eligibility and sign up on the SONIC App within their account settings. The program is available to educators employed by K-12 schools and colleges/universities in the United States. Once verified, Teachers’ Circle members will receive exclusive discounts and offers within the app, only available to teachers.
About SONIC Drive-In
SONIC, America's Drive-In is the nation's largest drive-in restaurant chain serving more than 3 million customers every day. Nearly 90 percent of SONIC's 3,500 drive-in locations are owned and operated by local business men and women. Over more than 60 years, SONIC has delighted guests with signature menu items, more than 1.3 million drink combinations and friendly service by iconic Carhops.
SOURCE Inspire Brands
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business