5 Tips for Small Business Success
Ambit Energy, a national retail energy provider, released a blog post earlier this year in which it provided leadership tips for successfully building a small business. The company followed that up last summer by hosting their annual "Ambition" event in Dallas, where thousands of its consultants gathered to share their personal success stories, attend training sessions, network, and have fun.
In the blog post, the company provided five simple and highly effective tips for leading a small business to success. These tips include:
- Communicate Goals Effectively - To create a clear vision for your team, be succinct and direct about your goals and what you want to accomplish.
- Listen Attentively - Go into every conversation with the intent to listen more than you speak. Be attentive and focus on fully understanding questions or concerns. This will go a long way in establishing a proper line of communication.
- Motivate Your Team - It's important to generate enthusiasm within your team. Inspire those around you to be their best, and your whole team will benefit from the results.
- Build Relationships - Have a good sense of humor, establish a genuine rapport, and encourage teamwork. The relationships you form will provide a strong foundation for your growing business.
- Be Accountable - It's hard to respect a person who routinely throws others under the bus. Take responsibility for your actions and figure out what you can do to help your team succeed.
"Ambit Energy's platform of success has been built on the strength of our outstanding consultants. These hard-working individuals use the tools provided to create businesses that can help them save more for retirement, pay for a child's education, spend more time with their families, or even achieve financial freedom," says Eric Johnstone, vice president of marketing & field services for Ambit Energy. "Leading a small business to success takes hard work, training, and determination."
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Sponsored Articles