About Big Blue Swim School
- Dedicated Swim School Difference: Parents can enroll multiple kids of different ages (from six months to 12 years old) during the same 30-minute window
- Water temperature is 90+ degrees and air temperature is 91+ degrees, making it a comfortable, fun, and enjoyable environment for kids
- Swim instructors are full-time employees with over 250+ hours of annual training
- Founders are two former collegiate and Olympic-qualifying swimmers
- The market is highly fragmented, even as the private swim lesson market continues to grow
- Lessons are based on a proprietary distance-based swim program for children, with four main levels of progression: Baby Blue©, True Blue©, Royal Blue©, and Big Blue©
Big Blue Swim School was founded in 2009 by competitive swimmers Chris DeJong and John Lonergan. The first location opened in Wilmette, followed by Niles, Buffalo Grove and Hoffman Estates. In 2017, Level 5 Capital Partners acquired a majority stake in the brand, and is rolling out an aggressive strategy to grow through franchising to 150 locations by 2020.
This web page does not constitute a franchise offering or an offer to sell a franchise. A franchise offering can be made by us only in a state if we are first registered, excluded, exempted or otherwise qualified to offer franchises in that state, and only if we provide you with an appropriate franchise disclosure document.