December 12, 2007 // Franchising.com // Highlands Ranch, CO -- Elements therapeutic massage, provider of massage therapy services, released today seven of the most common benefits of prenatal massage. Since 2006, elements has been providing massage therapy in a retail setting. Typically located in busy strip malls, elements currently has 18 locations operating worldwide, with 42 more scheduled to open in the coming months.
After providing massage to many thousands of clients worldwide, owners of the wellness franchise reported the benefits of massage for expecting mothers-to-be. "Massage offers a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach enhancing the circulation to the baby and helps provide a healthier pregnancy for the mother," reports elements founder Michele Merhib, an occupational therapist and certified massage therapist, who opened her first facility in 2000. "Massage has many physiological effects. The benefits of prenatal massage are numerous." Taken from the elements therapeutic massage training manual, Keys to Success, here are eight important benefits of prenatal massage:
• Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
• Contributing to shorter labor and reduced tearing for expectant mothers,
• Lessening the need for medication, minimizing depression and anxiety, thereby shortening hospital stays.
• Enhancing the production of t-cells in the mother and baby. T-cells are part of the body's immune system.
• Decreases edema, accumulation of fluids, in the lower extremities by increasing circulation.
• Can reduce pregnancy discomforts, concerns and enhance the physiological and emotional well-being of both mother and baby.
• Can shorten labor times and ease pain and anxiety.
• In the postpartum period, specialized techniques rebalance structure, physiology and emotions of the new mother and may help her to bond with and care for her infant.
As more physicians, chiropractors and other allied health care providers start to promote this age-old natural healing method, a massage may be exactly what the doctor ordered. For more common conditions treated by massage therapists, or to check for an elements therapeutic massage facility near you, visit their corporate website at www.touchofelements.com
For more information about Michele, or about elements therapeutic massage, visit them online at www.touchofelements.com or call 303-663-0880x24.
About elements therapeutic massage:
elements therapeutic massage™ is headquarted in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, and is part of Fitness Together Franchise Corporation. In 1996, Fitness Together Franchise Corporation was founded to bring professional and affordable personal training services to every major city. Today there are over 380 Fitness Together personal training franchise locations throughout the world and over 500 scheduled to open. elements therapeutic massage is following the same model, and was created in 1999 by founder, Michele Merhib. The company started franchising in 2006 under the Fitness Together Franchise Corporation.