Double Trouble: Fight Allergy and Asthma in Your Home
April 16, 2008 // Franchising.com // You may not be able to hide from your allergies or asthma while outdoors, but why deal with irritating triggers in your home? Having a plan of action for avoiding allergy and asthma catalysts will let you focus on more important things, not on your symptoms.
Try to prevent as many allergens and contaminants as possible from causing havoc in your home by following these preventative maintenance techniques provided by THE MAIDS Home Services.
- Plug-in air fresheners can cause allergy symptoms to increase. Create your own natural air-freshener. Place cloves, cinnamon sticks, allspice or other favorite spice in a pot of hot water, simmer for about an hour and a half.
- Vacuums can make all the difference. Try using one with a HEPA filtration system that can capture up to 99% of all dust and allergens. They also help capture bacteria, dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other pollutants, leaving you nothing to sneeze about.
- Avoid those old-fashioned feather dusters, which are great for doing one thing – stirring up dust and allergens and putting them into the air you breathe.
- If you have a humidifier, set the humidity level below 50 percent to help prevent fungus growth.
- Dust regularly with a micro-fiber cloth and wash your bed linens in hot water to eliminate dust mites.
- Clean and change your air conditioner and furnace filters according to the manufacturer's directions. Mold thrives in cooling systems and pollen gets trapped in the filters.
About THE MAIDS Home Services:
THE MAIDS Home Services, founded in 1979, is the most trusted name in home services due to their consistent quality service and premium products which meet or exceed customers' expectations. THE MAIDS promises to deliver a cleaner, healthier, happier and more comfortable home…guaranteed because "Nobody Outcleans The Maids." Rated as the fastest-growing residential cleaning franchise in Entrepreneur magazine for the past four years, THE MAIDS is one of the oldest and largest residential cleaning franchisers in the United States and Canada, serving over 40 states and four provinces in North America. For more information, visit THE MAIDS Home Services' web site at www.maids.com or call 1-800-THE-MAIDS, "Nobody Outcleans The Maids."
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business