One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning Helps Locals Economically Knock Temps Down
SARASOTA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--When the temperatures soar, most of us take that as a sign to crank up the air conditioning. All the while, our wallets are the ones that suffer the most. Tab Hunter, president of Franchise Operations, Clockwork Home Services, franchisor of One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning, is showing residents how they can stay cool during the hotter months, while not having to face soaring electricity bills – and a major shortage of cash.
"Many people don't realize that they can have control over the dollar amount that appears on their electricity bill each month. All it really takes is a few simple energy efficient tips," Hunter said.
According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, the average residential electricity costs are expected to increase by about 3.7 percent this year. Therefore, One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning offers tips to help residents conserve electricity – and their funds.
- Shut off unnecessary lights because it will add more heat to the home. Try switching to energy-efficient fluorescent bulbs where light is absolutely needed.
- Do activities that require hot water, like washing dishes or clothes, in the early morning or late evening when you are not using big power electricity like your air conditioning and fans.
- Using ceiling fans and portable fans that move the air throughout your home are good for cooling.
- Close curtains during the hottest times of the day to block heat from entering the home.
- Make sure window air conditioners are sized correctly because those that are too small will not cool your home well and those that are too big will use more energy than needed.
- Be sure to keep filters to window air conditioning units clean, as well as filters for central air conditioning systems. Dirty filters can cause air conditioners to use more energy.
- It takes a lot of energy to turn the air conditioner on, so don't turn the system on and off throughout the day. Instead, keep it at a steady, comfortable temperature.
For more information about One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning, please visit www.onehourair.com.
powered by Grassroots NewswireTM
(c) 2007 eNR Services, Inc. All rights reserved.