Mister Sparky: 'Conserving Energy Conserves Money'
Electrical services business shows how to conserve electricity to be eco-friendly, and to be smart money savers
Sarasota, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Whether it's turning the lights out when you leave a room or using ceiling fans instead of air conditioners to keep cool, there are many ways to conserve electricity. Tab Hunter, president of Franchise Operations, Clockwork Home Services, franchisor of Mister Sparky America's On-Time Electrician, explains how residents can save electricity – and save money.
"When we find ways to save energy we are saving the planet. Most electricity is generated by burning coal and running nuclear power plants; during the process, it lets out a little pollution. Therefore, saving electricity in your home, in effect, helps keep the air and water clean," Hunter said. "But the benefits are two-fold. Conserving energy can also be a huge money-saver, especially with today's struggling economy."
Hunter added that "there are many easy and simple ways to save on energy; the fact of the matter is that people are just not aware of them." The following are some suggestions Hunter has to help take the right initial steps for a more planet-friendly home.
- Wash clothes with cold or warm water, instead of hot, and instead of using a dryer to dry your laundry, use a clothing line outdoors.
- Use compact fluorescents for lighting in your home, instead of regular light bulbs. These lights are much more energy-efficient than standard incandescent bulbs.
- Turn off your computer and other appliances when you are not using them.
- Close your blinds and curtains during the hottest part of the day in order to keep the hot temperature from the sun out of your home.
- Keep your refrigerator at 37°- 40° F and your freezer at 0-5°F, and try to keep the refrigerator away from direct sunlight, ranges and heat equipment.
- Keep in mind that there is no need to preheat your oven when broiling or roasting food
Mister Sparky specialists handle all types of electrical needs, whether it be repairing, replacing or installing.