Lenard's has Christmas cooking all wrapped up
December 12, 2008 // Franchising.com // Lenard's is making Christmas celebrations easy this year with a fresh, convenient and quality range of turkey and chicken products available at almost 180 franchises across Australia.
Founder, Lenard Poulter says this year Lenard's has further extended the range of delicious and exciting festive products to help families enjoy their time celebrating together.
"Typically, a Lenard's customer leads a busy life, but at Christmas, even more so," Mr Poulter said.
"Our range of exciting festive meals takes the hard work out of delivering an impressive and tasty meal for any style of celebration; a formal Christmas dinner party, a banquet lunch with the family, or a casual Boxing Day brunch," he said.
The product range includes the annual favourites along with a few new and exciting products to add further variety to the Lenard's range.
This Christmas, choose from a Seasoned Whole Turkey or Chicken, Turkey Breast Fillet Supreme, Whole Turkey and Chicken Rolls if you are going for the more traditional spread, and Turkey and Chicken Sausages if a gourmet BBQ is on the menu.
Those wanting to try and keep an eye on their waistline will be pleased to hear Lenard's has introduced a 97% fat free range comprised of Cranberry and Macadamia Skinless Cooked Turkey Breast, and Mild Herb and Onion Skinless Cooked Turkey Breast.
Also new to the Lenard's Christmas range is their Stuffed Turkey Breast, Skinless Rolled Turkey Breast, Twin Festive Roll Pack and Breast Bon Bon.
Lenard's has a host of handy cooking and preparation tips, and storage and handling advice this Christmas, as well as a range of recipe ideas available at every Lenard's store.
Top Christmas cooking tips from Lenard's:
Try these handy hints to ensure your Christmas feast is a certain success.
- Lenard's recommends you allocate a 250g (boneless meat) serving per person.
- Thaw frozen chicken and turkey in the fridge overnight - never on the kitchen bench or in the sink. Place it in a large dish to catch any juices. Once thawed, use within 24 hours.
- Use separate cutting boards and utensils for raw and cooked chicken or turkey and wash them thoroughly with hot soapy water after use.
- Overcooking your chicken or turkey will cause it to dry out. As a guide, a 1.5kg whole stuffed chicken takes about 30 minutes per 500g of weight to cook in an oven preheated to 180°C. A 4-4.5kg turkey will need 24 hours of defrosting time and 3 hours cooking time.
- Begin cooking without covering the meat and when the product is a light golden colour, loosely shield with foil to prevent over browning
It is Lenard's unique value-adding concept that has ensured the Lenard's system is growing rapidly. Lenard's sells over 13 million chickens per year and has served more than 130 million customers since the first store opened in Queensland in 1987. Today, Lenard's employs approximately 2,000 staff in almost 180 franchises across Australia.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances