Helpful Hints For Sharing Valentine's Day with Your Pooch
January 21, 2009 // Franchising.com // Englewood, Colo. —— February 14th is a special day to express love for sweethearts with flowers, candy or a romantic dinner. This year remember your furry, four-legged valentine, too! Make the day extraordinary by including your canine companion in the day's festivities. Bark Busters, the world's largest, most trusted dog training company, offers tips to help you spoil your pooch this Valentine's Day.
- Indulge your pooch with a "pet spa day." An aromatherapy spa treatment will relax your dog's cares away. Start with a warm bath and blow dry, and finish with a well-deserved massage. Your dog will return home rejuvenated.
- Try a night away for two. Getting out of town with your dog is a fun way to bond outside of the home. Whether you go down the road or somewhere exotic, there are many dog-friendly hotels that are more then happy to accommodate you and your pup.
- Get some exercise. A spirited walk and a picnic in your local dog park is a great way to burn energy and spend some quality time together. Who knows–maybe your canine will find a valentine, too.
- If outdoor therapy isn't for your dog, maybe a little retail therapy is! Spend time together on a shopping spree at your favorite pet retailer or boutique. Clothing and accessories aren't the only things that will spoil your dog. How about a luxury pet bed that will send your dog to an ultra comfortable dream world? You both will sleep easy knowing this purchase was meant to pamper.
- Remember this special day forever by having a one-of-a-kind pet portrait made of your dog. You will appreciate the elegance and joy that this artwork will bring for years to come.
- Give your furry friend a new toy. Nothing says "Be My Valentine" like a pink or red heart-shaped chew toy. Be sure it is dog-safe and your four-legged friend will get hours of enjoyment out of a new plaything. Plus, those cute little toys scattered throughout the house are just little reminders of how much you love your pup.
- Dinner and a movie are a fun way to spend Valentine's Day with your beloved pooch. Pick your favorite animal-related movie, and curl up with your pup and your favorite snacks. What's better than a good movie, fun food, a blanket and a best friend?
- Cross off your annual vet check-up from your list. An annual vet visit for a thorough check means extra peace of mind on this special day.
- Bake some homemade dog biscuits for your pooch. If baking isn't your forte, pick up gourmet treats at a local pet boutique. Even our furry friends deserve to have their tummies pampered on Valentine's Day.
It doesn't really matter how you spoil your dog this Valentine's Day as long as you both have fun. Whether you opt for simple or extravagant, make it a safe and enjoyable holiday for both you and your furry best friend.
About Bark Busters
Bark Busters, the world's largest, most trusted dog training company, started in Australia in 1989 and came to the United States in 2000. Since inception, over 500,000 dogs have been trained worldwide using its dog-friendly, natural methods. With 250+ franchised offices in 42 states and more than 400 offices in 10 countries, Bark Busters is continuing its mission to build a global network of dog behavioral therapists to enhance responsible dog ownership and reduce the possibility of maltreatment, abandonment and euthanasia of companion dogs. Bark Busters is the only international dog training company that offers guaranteed lifetime support. SPCA International selected Bark Busters dog behavioral training services as the "Best of the Best" in its category. No other training company or dog trainer received such a distinction.