Instant Tax Service(R) Offers Quick Tips on How to Get the Most From Your Refund
DAYTON, Ohio, Jan. 30 // PRNewswire // -- Instant Tax Service(R), ranked the number one new franchise by Entrepreneur magazine in 2008 and 2009, offers quick tips to help navigate the winding road of tax preparation. Using an experienced tax professional knowledgeable of current tax laws will help consumers get the maximum refund they are entitled to and is one of the fastest, easiest ways to reduce tax season stress.
"In today's economic climate, knowing the facts about tax preparation could mean more money in your pocket," said Fez Ogbazion, CEO of Instant Tax Service. "Instant Tax Service's experienced income tax professionals know the right questions to ask to ensure our customers receive the maximum refund they're entitled to by law."
To make certain you are getting the most from your tax return, Instant Tax Service offers the following tax tips:
- Ensure the tax preparer you choose knows the latest tax laws. This can be vital to receiving the maximum refund amount you're entitled to by law. Tax codes change quickly and often. A professional tax preparer can help you stay on top of it.
- Come prepared. Remember your supporting documents--W-2s, 1099s and receipts--and make copies of these documents for your own records.
- File online. Online filing is the perfect solution for procrastinators and worriers alike. Online filers, or e-filers, get faster return confirmations from the IRS and faster refunds when refunds are due.
- Always check your filing status. This is one of the biggest mistakes that taxpayers make. Incorrect filing status can cost you time and money. Claiming an incorrect filing status means you could lose your ability to claim your child tax credit, dependent exemptions and earned-income tax credit.
- Don't leave money on the table. Charitable contributions, educational credits, job-related expenses and income earned through side jobs are typically deductible. Ask your tax preparer about these and other deductions to make sure you're getting the most from your return.
- Make sure last year's taxes were filed correctly. Oftentimes tax preparers will check last year's return for accuracy and file an amendment if necessary. More than likely, errors mean extra money for you, so check with your tax preparer to see if this is a service they offer.
- Service is key. Fast, accurate tax preparation services and a superior level of customer service from start to finish will turn an otherwise laborious task into an easy one that might even result in extra money in your pocket.
- Make sure your return is guaranteed. Should your tax return be audited due to an error made by your tax preparer, ensure the preparer will answer the auditor's questions free of charge and will reimburse you for any penalties or actual interest incurred as a result.
- Ask questions. Make sure you review your return thoroughly and ask any questions you may have before you sign the return. Remember, you hired a tax preparer to guide you through this process, so take advantage of this opportunity.
- Look for a long-term financial partner. Consistency is best when dealing with your financial health, so find a preparer you can trust and who can support you for years to come.
About Instant Tax Service(R)
Instant Tax Service(R) is a retail income tax preparation company operating nearly 2,000 corporate and franchise locations in 39 states. Founded in 2000 in Dayton, OH and franchising since 2004, Instant Tax Service(R) offers tax preparation, electronic filing, and refund anticipation loan services.
SOURCE Instant Tax Service