Weichert Brings Home Results for the Community and Charitable Causes
February 02, 2009 // Franchising.com // Morris Plains, N.J. – In a time when many Americans saw economic hardship, the Weichert Family of Companies remained committed to service by participating and sponsoring over 170 events and fundraisers in 2008. Weichert sales associates and employees gave their time, talent, and monetary contributions, to continue Weichert's tradition of generosity and support for the needs of the community.
Weichert employees and sales associates worked with numerous non-profit organization such as the American Red Cross, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, and Habitat for Humanity, to raise funds and collect thousands of items for those in need throughout the United States.
"Every year, we have the unique privilege of interacting with hundreds of families daily, so it has always been important to us that we work towards improving the quality of life for those we serve by participating in numerous community projects," said James M. Weichert, president and founder of Weichert, Realtors®. "I find it personally rewarding to see Weichert's spirit of service is not based on the current state of the market but instead on compassion and kind heartedness of our associates and employers.
Highlights of Weichert's community service activities in 2008 include:
- Donated over 82-pints of much-needed blood for the American Red Cross during its annual blood drive in its Morris Plains corporate office.
- Collected over 27,500 toys for disadvantaged children during the 2008 holiday season as part of Weichert, Realtors 30th annual toy drive.
- Raised over $60,000 for the American Cancer Society at its eighth annual golf tournament.
- Gathered over 30 bags of gently-used clothing, 13 boxes of like-new kitchen appliances, several boxes of cleaning supplies, computer equipment and cash donations to benefit survivors of Hurricane Ike.
- The Warren, N.J. office and the Alpine, N.Y offices collected several boxes of food, toiletries, clothing, CDs, DVDs, and other items that were shipped to military personnel overseas.
- To help keep children safe, Weichert, Realtors' Hillsborough office hosted a free Child Identification Program for parents.
- Weichert, Realtors' Normandy, N.J. office held a spaghetti dinner and Weichert, Realtors' Pompton Plains, N.J office held a salsa night event that both went to raise money for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life.
- The Weichert Alexandria/ Old Town, Va. office each month delivered meals to area residents who were elderly, homebound, or disabled through Meals on Wheels.
- The Fair Oaks, Va. office of Weichert, Realtors held a professional skills workshop entitled "Dress for Success" for the residents of the Katherine K. Hanley Family Shelter that provided insight about the workforce and gave resources to help residents find jobs.
Weichert has nearly 18,000 sales associates in approximately 500 company-owned and franchised sales offices in key markets throughout the U.S. A family of full-service real estate and financial services companies, Weichert helps customers buy and sell both residential and commercial real estate, and streamlines the delivery of mortgages and home and title insurance. Each Weichert franchised office is independently owned and operated.