The 4th Annual BK(R) 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament Blazes onto Courts Nationwide
The BK B-BALL BATTLESM Shoots into New Orleans on Feb. 7
Miami--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Burger King Corp. (NYSE:BKC) sets off its fourth annual BK® 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament, BK B-BALL BATTLESM, in New Orleans on Feb. 7, 2009, and will travel to 13 U.S. cities throughout the tour.
The BK B-BALL BATTLESM will set courts ablaze in search of the hottest amateur basketball players in the country who can showcase their talent in healthy competition. The winning teams from each city on the tour will receive $1,000* and a paid trip to the BK B-BALL BATTLESM championship finals in Miami, Fla., where they will compete in a head-to-head competition for the BK B-BALL BATTLESM crown and $20,000*!
"Our BK B-BALL BATTLESM tournament has been received exceptionally well in the communities we've visited over the years and we are proud to continue satisfying our guests – and fervent basketball fans! – with these interactive and entertaining events that promote healthy activity," said Alexandra Galindez, director, multi-cultural marketing for BKC. "We encourage everyone to come out and witness the country's hottest amateur ball players in action and enjoy a fun-filled day with family and friends."
Over the years, the BK B-BALL BATTLESM has established a loyal following, including talented players who look forward to showcasing their amazing basketball skills during the tournament each year. "This will be my third year participating in the BK® 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament. The program means a great deal to me because it gives me the opportunity to showcase my skills amongst some of the top players in the country," said two-time tournament champion Tyrone "Redz" Hill. "The BK® tournament is like no other. They really care about the community and the staff has grown to be like a family to me. I even got a tattoo to pay homage to BK® and the program."
The BK® 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament schedule includes the following stops:
- February 7: Williams Play Lot (New Orleans)
- February 14: Fonde Rec Center (Houston)
- February 21: College Park Community Center (Memphis)
- February 28: Hawkins (Birmingham)
- March 7: Rosel Fann (Atlanta)
- March 14: 1st Ward Rec (Charlotte)
- March 21: Hoops City U (Raleigh)
- March 28: Joe Dumars Fieldhouse (Detroit)
- April 4: Attack Center (Chicago)
- April 18: Gauchos Gym (New York)
- April 25: Kennedy Rec (Washington, DC)
- May 2: Patterson Park Community Center (Baltimore)
- May 16: Virrick Park (Miami)
- May 17: FINALS - Jose Marti Park (Miami)
* No purchase necessary. Open to U.S. residents, 18 or older. For eligibility requirements, entry instruction, prize details, and other information see the Official Rules at www.bk3on3.com.
About Burger King Corporation
The BURGER KING® system operates more than 11,700 restaurants in all 50 states and in 74 countries and U.S. territories worldwide. Approximately 90 percent of BURGER KING® restaurants are owned and operated by independent franchisees, many of them family-owned operations that have been in business for decades. In 2008, Fortune magazine ranked Burger King Corp. among America's 1,000 largest corporations and Ad Week named it one of the top three industry-changing advertisers within the last three decades. To learn more about Burger King Corp., please visit the company's Web site at www.bk.com.
Source: Burger King Corporation