'Secretary of Taste' Appointed to Endorse Domino's American Legends(TM) Specialty Line
Taste Stimulus Package Offers Cheesy Crusts and Premium Toppings to the Country
Ann Arbor, Mich., // PRNewswire // -- The following press release is being reissued due to updated information. Please disregard the previous version sent earlier today.
Domino's Pizza, the world leader in pizza delivery (NYSE: DPZ), is introducing the Secretary of Taste, a fictional character that will first appear today in national advertising touting Domino's American Legends(TM), its new line of specialty pizzas. In a time when Americans are forced to cut back on almost everything, the Secretary of Taste is proud to endorse Domino's American Legends as the centerpiece of his taste stimulus package, offering 40 percent more cheese than a Domino's regular hand-tossed pizza, cheesy crusts and delicious combinations of premium toppings.
"These pizzas are packed with so much bold taste in every bite, I had to endorse them as a part of my taste stimulus package," says the Secretary of Taste. "These specialty pizzas are as American as apple pie, and they will comfort young and old through these tough times. I've even lobbied for 40 percent more cheese and the approval of America's Dairy Farmers."
Domino's multifaceted campaign from creative agency Crispin Porter + Bogusky will include a series of television spots featuring the Secretary of Taste addressing the nation from his office. The spots began airing nationally today on various networks and cable stations and will run through April 12. To help celebrate the new line, Domino's iconic pizza boxes have been redesigned with the American Legends theme and will feature "tastisms," words of tasty wisdom, as quoted from the Secretary of Taste.
"Adding a new line of pizzas to our menu is a monumental occasion so we needed to introduce them in unique fashion," said Domino's representative Jenny Fouracre. "Since government is top of mind right now, we thought that this character would be a fun way to show off these specialty pizzas to America."
Inspired by the unique tastes to be found throughout the country, Domino's American Legends pizzas are available in six varieties at $12.99 for a large or $10.99 for a medium:
- Honolulu Hawaiian -- Sliced ham, smoked bacon, juicy pineapple, and roasted red peppers with provolone and mozzarella cheeses on a cheesy parmesan crust. Customers can make this pizza "fiery" by adding Tabasco(R) brand Pepper Sauce and jalapenos.
- Cali Chicken Bacon Ranch(TM) -- Chicken breast, white sauce, smoked bacon, tomatoes and parsley with provolone cheese and mozzarella cheeses on a cheesy provolone crust.
- Pacific Veggie -- Roasted red peppers, spinach, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and black olives, with feta, mozzarella and provolone cheeses on a cheesy parmesan crust.
- Memphis BBQ Chicken -- Chicken breast, barbeque sauce, onions, and parsley with provolone, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses on a cheesy cheddar crust.
- Buffalo Chicken -- Chicken breast, Buffalo hot sauce, onions and parsley with provolone and American cheeses on a cheesy cheddar crust.
- Philly Cheese Steak -- Steak, onions, green peppers and mushrooms with provolone and American cheeses on a cheesy provolone crust.
Domino's American Legends are available at all continental U.S. stores, with promotional support from America's dairy farmers in cooperation with Dairy Management Inc.
About Domino's Pizza(R)
Founded in 1960, Domino's Pizza is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery. Domino's is listed on the NYSE under the symbol "DPZ." Through its primarily locally-owned and operated franchised system, Domino's operates a network of 8,726 franchised and Company-owned stores in the United States and 60 international markets. The Domino's Pizza(R) brand, named a Megabrand by Advertising Age magazine, had global retail sales of over $5.4 billion in 2007, comprised of $3.2 billion domestically and $2.2 billion internationally. During the third quarter of 2008, the Domino's Pizza(R) brand had global retail sales of $1.3 billion, comprised of approximately $683 million domestically and approximately $583 million internationally. Domino's Pizza was named "Chain of the Year" by Pizza Today magazine, the leading publication of the pizza industry. Customers can place orders online in English and Spanish by visiting www.dominos.com or from a Web-enabled cell phone by visiting mobile.dominos.com. You Got 30 Minutes(TM).
SOURCE Domino's Pizza