Domino's 'Secretary of Taste' Highly Visible on Presidents' Day
New Advertising Character Part of Network "Roadblock" Buy to Promote New Pizzas
Ann Arbor, Mich., // PRNewswire // -- Capitalizing on the patriotic tastes to be found on Domino's American Legends(TM) pizzas and its new advertising spokesman, the fictional politician, "Secretary of Taste," Domino's Pizza (NYSE: DPZ) is buying an advertising "roadblock" during the highly-rated primetime network shows on Presidents' Day.
Domino's 30-second spot featuring its faux politician, "The Secretary of Taste," will appear at roughly the same time on three networks during the 9 p.m. hour: during ABC's "The Bachelor," Fox's "24" and NBC's "Heroes." This "roadblock," a media technique used successfully by politicians to guarantee their message is heard loud and clear, was used by President Obama during his campaign for President.
"We love the fact that our politician - 'The Secretary of Taste' - will speak to America on Presidents' Day via a media tactic used by Presidents past and present," said Domino's Chief Marketing Officer Russell Weiner. "This 'roadblock' will also expose our new product platform to a full quarter of American TV watchers simultaneously. We thank President Obama for the idea."
At a time when Americans are forced to cut back on almost everything, the "Secretary of Taste" is proud to endorse Domino's American Legends(TM) as the centerpiece of his taste stimulus package, offering 40 percent more cheese than a Domino's regular hand-tossed pizza, cheesy crusts and delicious combinations of premium toppings.
Inspired by the unique tastes to be found throughout the country, Domino's American Legends(TM) pizzas are available in six varieties at $12.99 for a large or $10.99 for a medium:
- Honolulu Hawaiian - Sliced ham, smoked bacon, juicy pineapple, and roasted red peppers with provolone and mozzarella cheeses on a cheesy parmesan crust. Customers can make this pizza "fiery" by adding Tabasco(R) brand Pepper Sauce and jalapenos.
- Pacific Veggie - Roasted red peppers, spinach, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and black olives, with feta, mozzarella and provolone cheeses on a cheesy parmesan crust.
- Memphis BBQ Chicken - Chicken breast, barbeque sauce, onions, and parsley with provolone, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses on a cheesy cheddar crust.
- Buffalo Chicken - Chicken breast, Buffalo hot sauce, onions and parsley with provolone and American cheeses on a cheesy cheddar crust.
- Philly Cheese Steak - Steak, onions, green peppers and mushrooms with provolone and American cheeses on a cheesy provolone crust.
Domino's American Legends(TM) are available at all continental U.S. stores, with promotional support from America's dairy producers in cooperation with Dairy Management Inc.
About Domino's Pizza(R)
Founded in 1960, Domino's Pizza is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery. Domino's is listed on the NYSE under the symbol "DPZ." Through its primarily locally-owned and operated franchised system, Domino's operates a network of 8,726 franchised and Company-owned stores in the United States and 60 international markets. The Domino's Pizza(R) brand, named a Megabrand by Advertising Age magazine, had global retail sales of over $5.4 billion in 2007, comprised of $3.2 billion domestically and $2.2 billion internationally. During the third quarter of 2008, the Domino's Pizza(R) brand had global retail sales of $1.3 billion, comprised of approximately $683 million domestically and approximately $583 million internationally. Domino's Pizza was named "Chain of the Year" by Pizza Today magazine, the leading publication of the pizza industry. Customers can place orders online in English and Spanish by visiting www.dominos.com or from a Web-enabled cell phone by visiting mobile.dominos.com.
SOURCE Domino's Pizza