Forget Bland, Pepper in Some Flavor That Won't Break Your Budget
Chili'S Launches 10 Items Under $7 And New Advertising Campaign
Dallas, // PRNewswire-FirstCall // -- As many wait for the economy to stabilize, consumers may be tempted to cut back on dining out. For those hungering for value, Chili's Grill & Bar (NYSE: EAT) offers a respite from the bland and boring with its flavorful new "10 under $7" menu.
"Our guests tell us loud and clear they are looking for value options," said Todd Diener, president, Chili's Grill & Bar. "In these tough times, we want them to enjoy their favorites at an affordable price without sacrificing a great restaurant experience."
The 10 items include Southwestern-inspired dishes that have made Chili's a crowd favorite like their:
- Oldtimer(R) - The original mouth-watering burger served with home-style fries.
- Quesadillas with Salad - Half order of fajita-marinated steak or chicken quesadillas served with a small salad topped with pico, tortilla strips and fire-roasted tomato vinaigrette drizzle.
- Monterey Chicken(R) - A half portion of the famous Monterey Chicken. Served with your choice of side.
- Cajun Chicken Pasta - Half portion of the classic Cajun Chicken Pasta. Served with garlic toast.
- Chicken Tacos with Salad - Choose two original, crispy or club tacos served with a small salad topped with pico, tortilla strips and fire-roasted tomato vinaigrette drizzle.
Also included are other perfectly portioned entrees like Kickin' Crispers, Big Mouth(R) Bites, Buffalo Chicken Crisper(TM) Bites, Chicken Crisper(TM) Bites and Kickin' Jack Nachos.
Kicking off the new "10 under $7" promotion, Chili's new advertising campaign highlights the antithesis of the Chili's brand--a fictitious restaurant chain named P.J. Bland's, where cardboard food and a generic atmosphere are the norm. The campaign includes national TV, online, and other media targeting value-oriented consumers. For more details on the fictitious brand, visit www.pjblands.com.
"Through the new campaign, many people will instantly recognize the P.J. Bland's chain as the boring, predictable food at most casual dining restaurants," said Kevin Moehlenkamp, chief creative officer at Hill Holliday. "Chili's is the opposite of bland, providing bold food, fresh ingredients and now even greater value for their guests."
Chili's Grill & Bar is the flagship brand of Dallas-based Brinker International (NYSE: EAT), a recognized leader in casual dining. Chili's offers a fun, energetic atmosphere and a distinct, fresh mix of grilled American favorites at more than 1,400 locations in 27 countries and two territories. Other Brinker brands include Maggiano's Little Italy(R) and On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina(R).
SOURCE Chili's Grill & Bar