Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Marks One-Year Anniversary with Growth and Momentum
Real Estate Brand Finds Powerful Niche as Industry's Consumer Lifestyle Brand
August 06, 2009 // Franchising.com // PARSIPPANY, N.J. -- Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate LLC celebrates one year since the launch of its franchise system, with a growing network of 2,100 agents across 75 offices in 10 states. In its first year of operations, the newest national real estate franchise has surpassed expectations and gained momentum in a challenging housing market by distinguishing itself as the industry's consumer lifestyle brand. Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate combines an iconic brand known for all things home with a next generation real estate business driven by the latest technologies, advanced agent tools and award-winning consumer marketing.
"We've found that a good idea is welcome under any market conditions and is perhaps especially welcome in changing times," explained Sherry Chris, president and CEO of Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC. "We have effectively blended a respect for the lifestyle tradition of an American media powerhouse with a focus on innovation, best-in-class technology and the reach of social media. It has proven to be a winning combination for homebuyers, brokerage owners, and agents alike."
Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate was launched to accommodate today's changing consumer as they trend to the Web for information, education, transparent pricing, home valuations, seamless customer service, and for finding an agent or buying a house. Just as importantly, the brand has been engineered to support today's brokers and agents as they reinvent themselves and move to meet the needs of a changing market.
The following are some of the most noteworthy tools and initiatives the franchisor has launched in the last year to serve all stakeholders in the business of real estate:
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate's dynamic, consumer-friendly Web site, www.bhgrealestate.com, which was nominated for a coveted Webby Award, was updated with new features and functionality in July 2009 to make it even more user-friendly.
- Its influential "Clean Slate" blog, written by senior executives from the company, is widely read and respected in the industry and was recently nominated for an Inman Most Innovative Blog Award.
- The database marketing tool, PinPoint, accesses the Meredith Corporation's database of 85 million subscribers allowing targeted marketing campaigns to be delivered to consumers segmented by life stage and demographics. Pinpoint is currently in pilot testing by Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate.
- The GreenLight Program, a fundamental career development program delivered via live online meetings, is designed to help real estate professionals generate revenue through prospecting, connecting and servicing today's consumers on their terms while still delivering a high-touch experience.
- The Greenhouse, the Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate system's extranet, houses the tools, services and products that its agents need to grow their business and connect with their peers - from branded marketing templates to educational resources to live chat support.
- The Sales Wiki allows the brand's agents and brokers to find information on real estate topics quickly and easily, while at the same time offering them the opportunity to contribute to the conversation. Topics include business tips, pricing, marketing, social media networking and more.
- Agents can quickly create and customize distinctive marketing materials to be delivered electronically via the Digital Marketing Center.
- Online Dominance, a self-paced online training program with weekly live group coaching calls, assists agents in better understanding the Internet-empowered consumer.
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate has developed a comprehensive Business Analytic Toolset that is helping their franchisees manage their brokerages right down to the bottom line in new and innovative ways. Their many tools provide unique and powerful tables and graphs on each office's financial and operating performance, transactions by various segments and a proprietary "what if" analysis for planning purposes.
"One of the key components of our value proposition is to help brokers create a more sustainable business by offering them the tools they need to grow strategically and remain focused on long-term goals," said Chris. "As we look to continue building our business in the coming year, we are currently setting our sights on a number of major market areas across the country, while at the same time looking to grow internationally."
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC has a 100-year license agreement with Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP), the company that owns the Better Homes and Gardens® trademark. As a testament to its brand strength, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC won four marketing awards in its first year, including: the Gold MarCom Award, Silver GALAXY Award, Platinum Ava Award and the Ektron All-Star Award. It also is nominated for Inman's Most Innovative Brokerage or Franchise Award.
About Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC is an international real estate brand that offers a full range of services to brokers, sales associates and home buyers and sellers. Using innovative technology, sophisticated business systems and the broad appeal of a lifestyle brand, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC embodies the future of the real estate industry while remaining grounded in the tradition of home. Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC is a subsidiary of Realogy Corporation, a global provider of real estate and relocation services.
Better Homes and Gardens® is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation licensed to Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC.
Equal Opportunity Company. Equal Housing Opportunity. Each Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate Franchise is Independently Owned and Operated.