Nation's Wireless Retail Leader Wireless Zone® Launches Customer-Centric Stores
New Stores Focus on Simplicity, Usability and Interactivity that Benefits Retailer and Customers
August 17, 2009 // Franchising.com // Middletown, CT – Just as mobile networks are in 3G (Third Generation), Wireless Zone has created an entirely new generation of stores that are being updated and refitted to create a friendly, inviting retail experience that is customer-centric and appeals to all five senses. For years, leading cell phone retailer Wireless Zone has been setting the standard for the wireless retail world. Now with their focus on celebrating the individuality of their customers, they have created a new store design that efficiently guides customers to the products and services that best meet their needs. The new stores include features that accentuate:
- Sight - Visually, the new Wireless Zone stores are more open and bright with clearly marked zones—including Interactive, Family, Technology, Entertainment, Business, Accessories and more—to help customers easily navigate the more than 50 wireless communication devices and hundreds of related accessories available.
- Sound – Trained employees ask the right questions and listen to customers to understand their individual needs then help match them with the phone and accessories that are right for them.
- Touch - A tactile interactive island allows customers to feel and "test drive" products.
- Smell - The stores are infused with appealing scents to relax the shopper and make them want to spend additional time perusing the store and learning more about the products and services.
- ·Taste – The new stores have a contemporary look that accentuates the cohesive signage and vast amount of products, and include strategic information technology, such as a large LCD screen for customers to browse and research products.
"We are already getting a great response on the new store design from our customers," said Kevin Sinclair, CEO of Wireless Zone. "Our mission for the new store design was to increase the overall retail customer experience by improving brand name relevance and creating additional value and interactivity to increase customer loyalty, all through a customer-centric focus that is simple, useful, interactive and unforgettable."
Sinclair added, "While the new store design will have lasting positive effects on the customer, it also provides our franchise owners extra tools to help increase their commitment to the communities they serve as wireless retail experts. Our new franchise owners love the new store design because the customer-centric elements showcase the superior expertise and training offered at Wireless Zone, while producing an interactive arena that promotes relationship building with customers to assist in their current and future wireless needs for years to come."
Franchising is a key factor to Wireless Zone's success because of its ability to provide local owners with true ties to the community. The Wireless Zone owners are members of the community and knowledgeable of the unique characteristics of local shoppers. Because these owners are inextricably linked to the success of their store, Wireless Zone's national brand recognition and local ownership create a competitive retailer that can offer value and individual attention to the customer.
"This new store initiative is just another example of how we have become the industry leader," Sinclair said, noting that Wireless Zone had its best year to date in growth and profit in 2008 with 2009 promising to be even better, with ten times more leads than the previous year. "The Wireless Zone franchise system has already become more successful than ever and many of our longtime franchise owners see great things for the Wireless Zone brand of the future."
With technology moving at lightening speed, customers need access to the right information and expert service to ensure they find the phone that matches their individual needs. The new customer-centric store design, dedicated local franchise owners, Wireless Zone's charitable works, and ongoing company expansion success, all keep Wireless Zone at the top of the wireless retail industry.
ABOUT WIRELESS ZONE
Founded in 1988 as "The Car Phone Store", Wireless Zone has become the nation's largest independent wireless retail franchisor and was ranked the #1 franchise in its category by Entrepreneur magazine. Every store is independently owned and operated, exclusively offering Verizon Wireless products and services. Wireless Zone has plans to expand throughout the U.S., creating promising opportunities for entrepreneurs. Wireless Zone is a division of Automotive Technologies, Inc.