IHOP's Gone Totally NFL With New All-Pro Lineup of Menu Items
NFL Sponsorship Combines Football and Food for Ultimate Fan Experience
NEW YORK, NY and GLENDALE, CA (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- As football fans get ready for the upcoming season, IHOP, one of America's favorite restaurants, has teamed up with the National Football League (NFL) to offer the ultimate fan fuel for football enthusiasts. The new "IHOP's Gone Totally NFL" promotion introduces an all-pro lineup of NFL-themed menu items that tackle the taste buds with explosive flavor.
"The power of the NFL combined with IHOP's great food and service provides for a winning combination," said Carolyn O'Keefe, IHOP's senior vice president, marketing. "We are thrilled to extend the excitement of the NFL to our guests with unique products that bring football and food together in a whole new way."
"We are pleased to kick off the NFL season with this exciting promotion," said Mark Waller, NFL senior vice president for sales and marketing. "IHOP offers a unique sponsorship opportunity with its one-of-a-kind menu items that provide our fans a taste of the game like never before."
IHOP's sponsorship with the NFL marks the first time the League has teamed with a national full-service restaurant chain to promote football-inspired menu items. Available at participating locations now through October 25, items start at $4.99 and are available any time of day. The new all-pro lineup includes:
- AFC & NFC Stuffed French Toast: A football-shaped version of our famous cinnamon raisin stuffed French toast filled with a sweet cream center. Grilled and served on top of either cool AFC strawberries or warm NFC blueberry compote. Served a la carte or with all the favorites.
- NFC Blueberry Banana Blitz: An NFC All-Pro lineup with two fluffy buttermilk pancakes filled with blueberries, then piled high with more blueberries, sliced fresh bananas and creamy whipped topping. Served a la carte or with all the favorites.
- AFC Strawberry Banana Blitz: An AFC All-Pro lineup with two fluffy buttermilk pancakes stacked with strawberries, sliced fresh bananas and creamy whipped topping. Served a la carte or with all the favorites.
- MVP Quarterback Scramble: Has it all -- made with diced pork sausage links, chopped bacon, diced ham, hash browns, diced jalapenos, cheddar cheese and a splash of our famous buttermilk and wheat pancake batter for an extra fluffy scramble. Served with two buttermilk pancakes.
- Veteran Quarterback Scramble: A seasoned pro -- made with sliced smoked sausage, hash browns, cheddar cheese and a splash of our famous buttermilk and wheat pancake batter for an extra fluffy scramble. Served with two buttermilk pancakes.
- Rookie Quarterback Scramble: Still a little green and made with fresh spinach, hash browns, cheddar cheese and a splash of our famous buttermilk and wheat pancake batter for an extra fluffy scramble. Served with two buttermilk pancakes.
- Draft Pick Quarterback Scramble: A first-round choice for lighter fare made with egg substitute, fresh spinach and grilled onions then topped with roasted tomatoes and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Served with a side of fresh fruit or whole wheat toast.
As part of the promotion, NFL stars Donovan McNabb of the Philadelphia Eagles and Larry Fitzgerald of the Arizona Cardinals each star in new national IHOP commercials that feature their best order-taking and plate-catching skills. Look for "IHOP's Gone Totally NFL" behind-the-scenes footage and commercials featuring Donovan McNabb and Larry Fitzgerald on YouTube and IHOP's Facebook fan page. The new commercials were created by IHOP's advertising agency VitroRobertson, San Diego.
Finger-Kick Football players can choose their hand angle and flick for a field goal and their chance to instantly win a $25 IHOP gift card. In the Fantasy Pancake League, the stakes are higher, as players pick and manage their team of five pancake players. Each week, computer-generated stats will be revealed and the top three scoring team managers will be awarded gift certificates to NFLShop.com. NMA Entertainment and Marketing helped broker the sponsorship deal and handled the creative development of the www.ihop.com/nfl microsite, and will also handle fulfillment of all promotional elements.
For 50 years, the IHOP family restaurant chain has served its world famous pancakes and a wide variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner items that are loved by people of all ages. IHOP offers its guests an affordable, everyday dining experience with warm and friendly service. The first IHOP opened in Toluca Lake, Calif. in 1958, and as of June 30, 2009, there were 1,421 IHOPs in 50 states, Canada and Mexico. IHOP restaurants are franchised and operated by Glendale, Calif.-based International House of Pancakes, LLC and its affiliates. International House of Pancakes, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of DineEquity, Inc. (NYSE: DIN).